Wiki Posts
Search

IBIS Business Card - GOLD?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, TK Elite, FB Silver
IBIS Business Card - GOLD?

Folks... currently holding Accor Silver Status... wondering if I get a full upgrade to GOLD once i purchase the IBIS business card @ 90€/a!?!?!? Since GOLD would get me upgrades at ALL Accor hotels (incl. premium brands) i guess I must have mistaken the offer!!?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Yes, you would get gold - but remember upgrades are 'subject to availability'.

Equally, I don't know whether it's clear what will happen to the card in the brave new world of next year.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:08 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by lhrpete
Yes, you would get gold - but remember upgrades are 'subject to availability'.

Equally, I don't know whether it's clear what will happen to the card in the brave new world of next year.

If you do not intend to "hit" gold by spends or nights, then it is worth the money, and you get an extra discount at an Ibis stay

I would think that Accor would keep this, there has been no mention of a change ( so far ) so even if it is changed if you have a high end stay coming up, it may be worth the few $ to pay for the status.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Feel free to disagree with me, but I think selling the gold status for 90€ is an insult to all members who win this status “normally” and show loyalty to the brand and spend a significant amount of money at hotels
hotel_user and EcotoneHR like this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:32 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Feel free to disagree with me, but I think selling the gold status for 90€ is an insult to all members who win this status “normally” and show loyalty to the brand and spend a significant amount of money at hotels

Totally agree !

But then other chains give a medium level status benefit for free if you have credit or debit cards etc ( Amex for example )

But if I recall correctly, the Platinum level was free also .... or if you did 6 nights on a 6 000 point promotion.

I think that Accor have made it more difficult to gain the Platinum 3 years ago, and the new Diamond will be twice if not three times as difficult.
My only worry is that the benefits are not worth the effort in either spends or nights. ( unannounced and probably woolly and soft at a hotels whim )

To be fair, I would happily spend a few € for the Ibis card if I was only staying a few nights each year at a high end Accor Hotel.
paolo64 and dimon84 like this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
I think that insult is a bit strong. In my mind the card it is aimed at tradespeople that work away from home a lot. Giving Gold status with this seems generous. 90€! In the UK it is GBP65, which is around 70€, which is a bargain. However, as mentioned by hotel_user, hotel groups often give status away. I am Hilton Gold though both my American Express and Barclaycard. At least charging generates some revenue for Accor. BTW Hilton Gold is worth way more than LeClub Gold.

CT
lhrpete likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Castleford Tiger
I think that insult is a bit strong. In my mind the card it is aimed at tradespeople that work away from home a lot. Giving Gold status with this seems generous. 90€! In the UK it is GBP65, which is around 70€, which is a bargain. However, as mentioned by hotel_user, hotel groups often give status away. I am Hilton Gold though both my American Express and Barclaycard. At least charging generates some revenue for Accor. BTW Hilton Gold is worth way more than LeClub Gold.

CT
As you said, it's a bargain. So for a bargain, you give Silver but not Gold IMHO.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 4:44 pm

I can appreciate why people might think this way. I guess it’s aimed at people who would not otherwise contemplate staying at Accor. I signed up for it because I wanted to see what Accor is like, after a very long break.So far , the experience has been pretty good ( but limited to Asia; maybe the real proof of the pudding will come in Europe later in the year)
Is it worth €90? Definitely...based on upgrades/ welcome things/points received over 10 nights in 2.5 months and especially so given that the Gold status appears to be valid until 12/20. I’m guessing that I’ll qualify for Gold the usual way, via real nights, if the experience continues to be positive.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:17 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
As you said, it's a bargain. So for a bargain, you give Silver but not Gold IMHO.
^ Let's bear in mind that paying for Accor Plus at around EUR200+ per year only gives you silver. So why not the same for ibis business.
Goldorak and Firsttime4me2 like this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 7:03 am

This is not Hilton Gold and Marriott Platinum - just because Accor is selling Gold cheaply, it doesn't mean your chances of getting a suite upgrade is thinner or the executive lounge / restaurant breakfast becomes any more crowded.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
^ Let's bear in mind that paying for Accor Plus at around EUR200+ per year only gives you silver. So why not the same for ibis business.
Surely Accor Plus gives more that just Silver? Accor Silver is not worth EUR200 on its own. IBIS business is a very good deal. Why would we want Accor to downgrade it? What benefit would that give for the users of this forum? Is it more that Accor Plus should give Gold as a measure of the investment needed?

CT
hotel_user likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Accor think differently and as they are not noted for their generosity giving gold must work for them.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by lhrpete
Accor think differently and as they are not noted for their generosity giving gold must work for them.
For sure I respect their opinion and choice (they run a business and they surely know better than me how to run it). I am just expressing here my opinion and view from my perspective on this specific question.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:15 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Castleford Tiger
Surely Accor Plus gives more that just Silver? Accor Silver is not worth EUR200 on its own. IBIS business is a very good deal. Why would we want Accor to downgrade it? What benefit would that give for the users of this forum? Is it more that Accor Plus should give Gold as a measure of the investment needed?

CT
Surely they just give Silver.
The ibis Business card doesn't give you much - hence they may give Gold.
The Accor Plus gives you the dining privileges in APAC, the one night free stay etc... But yes, you only get silver.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
This Ibis card really give economical lcah gold for its price

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.