Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

25hours Paris Terminus Nord excluded from LCAH exclusions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2019, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: ALL Platinum

I just checked the list of Accor Hotels not taking part in the LeClubAccorHotels program and was surprised to find one exclusion from the list of the still not taking part 25hours hotels. The list states "All 25hours properties (excluding 25hours Terminus Nord Paris hotel)" as not taking part. So has anyone lately stayed in this 25hours hotel, the former Mercure Paris Terminus Nord" at Gare Du Nord (Eurostar, Thalys and TGV station) and if, what have been the status benefits there? Or is Accor only speaking of "you get points, but nothing else there before the program changes to ALL"?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 6:31 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Well the website claims (and we all know how reliable this might be) that at this hotel you get the whole Le Club treatment:

What happens in reality I don't know.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Well the website claims (and we all know how reliable this might be) that at this hotel you get the whole Le Club treatment:

What happens in reality I don't know.
Thanks a lot for this hint. Did not think of this way to check. Yes, as it is still the only one of the them participating in the program one would have to be prepared to argue concerning all benefits, beginning with the drink voucher. So better have print outs by hand. The last time I had to do this "check your own terms, please" printed thing has been in an Austrian Mercure concerning the restaurant 10% discount in restaurants there.
Also PlacesbyLeClub might not be working in the 25hours in Paris, not badge yet or the Mercure one is still around. Okay, until 2020 I will better stick to the more obvious Accor brands there.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:40 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
I had an email exchange with the hotel ahead of booking with them and they were quite prompt and polite to reply that they participate in LCAH and points will be awarded.

My stay is next week, I will keep you updated on whether this holds true...
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JTCz
I had an email exchange with the hotel ahead of booking with them and they were quite prompt and polite to reply that they participate in LCAH and points will be awarded.

My stay is next week, I will keep you updated on whether this holds true...
Thanks a lot. Looking forward to your update.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
YES, they give points - and quick!

Here I go then, right from the hotel (and before leaving, so perhaps I will get beaten up and locked in the basement after this).

The good news first - I am still at the hotel killing time waiting for my train from Gare du Nord, and as I had a prepaid rate, my account has already been credited with points before I managed to return the keycard. Also, surprisingly, I got the 4x credit for "new openings" even if I am not sure the hotel was on the list, but anyway, the key points is that YES, the hotel is excluded from exclusions and, being apparently a directly Accor-operated property, it credits points at lightning speed.

Another good piece of news is that the hotel, like every other 25hours apparently, has MINIs for their guests - they are rented for free, you just need to sign up at the front desk. They do not promote this too actively (but they do not hide it either - you can find leaflets informing of this in the hotel), so I was able to secure the car for an entire day rather than the usual 4 hours. Not only was the rental free but I was also told it is not necessary to even fill up the car - the latter may have been due to a general mess at the front desk or a conscious policy. Either way, I am a happy camper and love the concierge who had the morning shifts and our happiness in mind constantly. I regret not taking the time to put down his name which now eludes me

The NENI restaurant deservedly enjoys rave reviews both for its interior design, sumptuous (especially by Parisian standards) buffet and affable staff (again, something Paris is not famous for). I wholeheartedly recommend everybody landing at Gare du Nord in the morning to have breakfast there even if not staying at the 25hours.

Oh, and I should mention that the location is beyond brilliant - not that it is a surprise in the age of Google Maps and Streetview. Both for business and general sightseeing having Gare du Nord train, RER and metro stations right at the doorstep is as convenient as it could be - especially if you arrive / depart on a flight to / from CDG or on a train between Paris and London, Brussels, Amsterdam or Lille.

So much for the good news though - I will try to reply with a review in a separate post with the less rave-inducing details of my experience...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.