Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

LCAH (ALL) / AFKL Flying Blue - enhanced partnership

LCAH (ALL) / AFKL Flying Blue - enhanced partnership

Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:45 pm
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 21,661
Thumbs up LCAH (ALL) / AFKL Flying Blue - enhanced partnership

Great news for the LCAH and FB members : double dipping is now possible: earn both LCAH points and FB miles when staying at Accor hotels and when flying AF/KL/A5-marketed and operated flights
This was posted today in the FB forum, so I am quoting the FB thread here
FB and Accor 'Miles+Points'

I did register successfully.
@accorhotelsconcierge : Dear Amy, there is a very important missing (unclear) information in the T&C about the earning rates. See my post in the linked thread above. We would appreciate clarification from you. Thank you.
Xandrios and zuchu like this.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:20 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 339
i sawt hat amy allready gave a response at the FB forum
i use always transavia ????
thanks
kees
nkob is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:05 am
  #3  
Company Representative, Accorhotels
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: France
Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Posts: 751
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Great news for the LCAH and FB members : double dipping is now possible: earn both LCAH points and FB miles when staying at Accor hotels and when flying AF/KL/A5-marketed and operated flights
This was posted today in the FB forum, so I am quoting the FB thread here
FB and Accor 'Miles+Points'

I did register successfully.
@accorhotelsconcierge : Dear Amy, there is a very important missing (unclear) information in the T&C about the earning rates. See my post in the linked thread above. We would appreciate clarification from you. Thank you.
Dear Goldorak,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedbacks and for your alert.

Indeed, you are right and understood well the scale announced : 1 € = 1 Mile. In Miles+Points condition of use, the scale is displayed on the basis of 10 € of eligible expenses.
Also, you have noticed that the Miles earning scheme works in a similar way to the one applied for your stays.

The number of Miles awarded varies according to the brand of the participating Accor hotel in which you stayed.
Thus, whatever your status, you earn for 10 € of eligible expenses:
* 10 Flying Blue Miles for stays in participating AccorHotels brands, except Adagio, Adagio Access, ibis, ibis Styles and Mama Shelter
* 5 Flying Blue Miles accumulated for stays at ibis, ibis Styles and Mama Shelter
* 4 Flying Blue Miles accumulated for stays at Adagio
* 2 Flying Blue Miles accumulated for stays at Adagio Access
The terms and conditions will be updated soon.

We are very grateful for your enthusiastic support.

Best regards,
Amy
AccorHotels Concierge is online now  
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:59 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 339
Hello Amy
it goes the other way around too?
i am not so happy with FB
it seems impossible to log in and the luggage is a lot more expensive if you have booked with points
so flying transavia and klm it should be interesting if i can earn accor points with flying these airlines
thank you
kees
nkob is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:36 pm
  #5  
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AMS / ATH
Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Posts: 7,304
nkob/kees: Please review the terms and conditions. You can earn Accor points when flying KL, AF or A5 (Hop). Transavia is not included for earning, which also applies to all other Skyteam airlines.

If you stay with Accor you will earn Flying Blue miles. Those you can use to redeem for Transavia flights if you wish.

Somewhat offtopic; Buying luggage with AF/KL is priced exactly the same, irrelevant if you booked with miles or not. However when booking with points you get the first piece of luggage for free, so the second piece will be priced as a second-piece of luggage (Which is more expensive than when you have to pay for the first piece).
Goldorak likes this.
Xandrios is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2019, 2:21 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 339
thank you xandrios
i mention transavia because you can earn FB points if you upgrade your ticket
Bij 2 occasions i bought a ticket with FB points and my companion paid cash .I paid a lot more for my luggage .FB is not for me anymore
kees
nkob is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:36 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 21,661
Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Dear Goldorak,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedbacks and for your alert.

Indeed, you are right and understood well the scale announced : 1 = 1 Mile. In Miles+Points condition of use, the scale is displayed on the basis of 10 of eligible expenses.
Also, you have noticed that the Miles earning scheme works in a similar way to the one applied for your stays.

The number of Miles awarded varies according to the brand of the participating Accor hotel in which you stayed.
Thus, whatever your status, you earn for 10 of eligible expenses:
* 10 Flying Blue Miles for stays in participating AccorHotels brands, except Adagio, Adagio Access, ibis, ibis Styles and Mama Shelter
* 5 Flying Blue Miles accumulated for stays at ibis, ibis Styles and Mama Shelter
* 4 Flying Blue Miles accumulated for stays at Adagio
* 2 Flying Blue Miles accumulated for stays at Adagio Access
The terms and conditions will be updated soon.

We are very grateful for your enthusiastic support.

Best regards,
Amy
Thank you Amy for those welcomed clarifications
And also a big thank you @Xandrios for having posted this in the FB forum ^
Goldorak is offline  
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:29 am
  #8  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Asia Pacific
Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 238
Registered, thank you!
Juntima is offline  
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:46 am
  #9  
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: BRU
Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Posts: 7,529
Today's press release is here: https://group.accor.com/-/media/Corp..._Points_EN.pdf
Xandrios likes this.
starflyergold is offline  
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:16 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Somewhere on the globe
Posts: 22
Also registered, every mile is welcome
Dav77 likes this.
Dirk.On.Tour is offline  
Old Jun 22, 2019, 4:12 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Italy
Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Posts: 1,484
Registered. Many thanks for this information

not a frequent flyer on AF (i always use AZ). But, as told, every mile/point is welcome 😊
Dav77 is offline  
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:07 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 281
with recent point devaluation with Flying Blue, I was earning points for the past 2 years but still not enough to burn them properly (long haul reward flights), finally, thanks to this extended partnership, I was able to convert all my FB points into LCAH points, I have now plently of credit to be used at Accor hotels
Dav77 likes this.
enzo0511 is offline  
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:14 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: YYZ
Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Posts: 2,704
Originally Posted by enzo0511
with recent point devaluation with Flying Blue, I was earning points for the past 2 years but still not enough to burn them properly (long haul reward flights), finally, thanks to this extended partnership, I was able to convert all my FB points into LCAH points, I have now plently of credit to be used at Accor hotels
That's interesting. I'm not a Flying Blue member, and don't see myself ever flying on any SkyTeam airlines. However, are you saying that you can easily convert FB miles into Accor points? If that's the case, and this double-dip is truly incremental to the existing Accor points earned, then I guess there's no downside to signing up, to get the double-dip, and then periodically transfer the FB miles back to hotel points. Or am I missing something?
greg99 likes this.
CanadaDH is offline  
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:48 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 339
Canada DH
its my idear too
i tried too register but no succes
i have send a email too accor about it yesterday
Meaby Amy know something about this problem ?
kees
nkob is offline  
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:23 am
  #15  
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AMS / ATH
Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Posts: 7,304
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
That's interesting. I'm not a Flying Blue member, and don't see myself ever flying on any SkyTeam airlines. However, are you saying that you can easily convert FB miles into Accor points? If that's the case, and this double-dip is truly incremental to the existing Accor points earned, then I guess there's no downside to signing up, to get the double-dip, and then periodically transfer the FB miles back to hotel points. Or am I missing something?
Yes, this you can do and it works both ways. Just keep in mind that with each conversion you lose a lot of the points value. I would suggest to aim for using the points in their native currency for any kind of redemption. As a last resort you can do what you suggested - convert them and use them in another programme.
Xandrios is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.