Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Suggestions on best way to book Fairmont San Diego Grand Del Mar?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime

Hi - I'm looking at booking the Fairmont Del Mar San Diego property for a 3 day wknd in April.

It's probably going to be a cash stay, and I'm trying to check if I'm overlooking an clever booking channels.

They are offering a Pay 2 / Stay 3 promotion directly, which is also available through Costco.

So far I've checked
  • CostcoTravel - slightly cheaper, I think resort fees are waived, and I would get the 2% back for Exec membership
  • Property Direct - could likely to a split tender, and could get loyalty points I suppose. (not sure if above allows that)
  • LHR - doesn't have the 3/2 for last time I checked but might have changed
  • ebates - 2.5% back
Are there any other clever ideas Fairmont enthusiasts would suggest I try?

I have not set up a loyalty # yet, so its possible they might have a member rate that is marginally better.

Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I'm seeing a 3rd night free promotion that's stackable with the Travel Leaders Select perks:

- complimentary breakfast for two daily
- upgrade based on availability at time of check-in
- early check-in / late check-out based on availability
- $100 USD food and beverage credit per stay
- free wifi

(stackable with any status benefits and eligible for stay/night credit and points accruel)

Presumably the same promotion is also available via Virtuoso and possibly other cosortia/programs.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons PP, Belmond BC, Dorchester DC, Hyatt Prive, MO Fan Club, Peninsula, Rosewood
Also on Virtuoso -
  • Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability (excluding suites)
  • Daily Continental breakfast for up to two in-room guests, served in Amaya or in-room dining (up to $70 per room, per day)
  • $100 USD Activity credit per stay, valid for golf play, golf instruction, the Spa services, and/or Explorer's Club fees to be utilized during stay (cannot be combined, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full – not valid towards retail or Haim Salon Services)
  • Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
As Jasper2009 says - the same really.

If you give me your dates I can see if there is any price different Virtuoso or Travel Leaders Select
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for those. I ended up booking through our CNB Concierge, who was able to match the Costco rate for our dates, and can (in theory) redeem our bank pts against the stay.

Next time I'll reach out to you directly. I appreciate the ideas.

Haven't been to this property before but it seems to be well regarded here.
Old May 1, 2019, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
Thanks for those. I ended up booking through our CNB Concierge, who was able to match the Costco rate for our dates, and can (in theory) redeem our bank pts against the stay.

Next time I'll reach out to you directly. I appreciate the ideas.

Haven't been to this property before but it seems to be well regarded here.
We ended up booking through the CNB Concierge, who even though they stated they could get the resort fee waived, was never able to. I didn't fight/argue it. They got a beautiful platter of 3 desserts sent up to our room though to mark our anniversary! Hotel was fabulous.

The CNB Concierge was able to use our CNB points to get a statement credit at 1.3c per which was the main reason to use them, rather than a specialty agent. Next time we'll use one of those.

Thanks all!
Old May 1, 2019, 3:13 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Sorry, what is a CNB?
Old May 1, 2019, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ABG
Sorry, what is a CNB?
I'd assume Citi National Bank (CNB) - sounds like they are one of the many banks with its own points/rewards program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.