Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Status benefits if booking through travel website?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:24 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob

Will Accor hotels honour your status and provide benefits if your booking was made through a online travel agent (eg trip.com or expedia)?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Answer is no.

7.1. Reservation channels eligible for Points

Only stays booked at eligible rates via AccorHotels distribution channels (AccorHotels internet sites, AccorHotels reservation centre, hotels) and traditional travel agencies using a GDS (Global Distribution System) connected automatically to the AccorHotels reservation centre, entitle the Member to earn Points.

Eligible stays therefore specifically do not include stays booked via a reseller, tour operator or third-party online travel agent (such as Expedia.com, Booking.com, etc.). These stays do not enable the Member to earn Points or to collect Eligible Nights to obtain a Status

9. BENEFITS AND SERVICES OFFERED TO MEMBERS

9.1 Programme Benefits and services applicable to all Members

These benefits are offered on the condition that the Member’s stay is eligible to earn Points, with the exception of Day Use bookings as defined herein.

These benefits are described more fully in the “Benefits and status” section of the AccorHotels.com website.

https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/l...tions.en.shtml
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:07 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Agree 99.9% no

- but there is always a very small chance you may get something ( maybe a better room type or something like that ) if you e mail the hotel with your status and membership number.

good luck - it really depends on the hotel.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Don’t forget Accor has a best price guarantee. Also don’t forget sometimes resellers don’t show taxes or expect that some local taxes get collected at the hotel. If it’s a price thing I’d enact the price guarantee.

https://www.accorhotels.com/best-pri...index.en.shtml
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:58 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by BSBtraveller
Don’t forget Accor has a best price guarantee. Also don’t forget sometimes resellers don’t show taxes or expect that some local taxes get collected at the hotel. If it’s a price thing I’d enact the price guarantee.

https://www.accorhotels.com/best-pri...index.en.shtml
In m my case trip.com has the room with a different name than the Accor name so I’m sure they would weasel out of it.

Thanks all for the responses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.