Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Question: how to accumulate Accor points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat

I am based in the States, not too familiar with this loyalty program, but there are a few aspirational properties in Asia I'd like to take the family to. Tried to do some googling, but could not get much useful results. On the other hand, I am swimming in Chase/Amex/Citi points and their potential transfer partners, [edited]

Last edited by starflyergold; Jan 21, 2019 at 1:09 am Reason: Rules violation
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
There is no really easy way, you can not ( as far as I am aware ) transfer points into LCAH ( You can take them out to flyer programs such as Avios though ).

Accor do not let you do arbitrage. You have to stay in the hotel to gain points ( and move up tiers to gain bonus points - look for the Ibis Card for instant Gold Status though this will give you a good status in some hotels in Asia - You will really need Platinum though for lounge access and you have to do the nights or spend to gain this)..

There are bonus promotions and offers,that you can use to gain points - I think we are due a 6 000 point offer for 6 nigh stays soon

I could be wrong ... others will let us both know but unless there are stays you can make with Accor you can not get the points.

They do not status match either. Nor are there any credit card sign up bonuses ( there were but all went 2 years ago ) .
tpvn and Firsttime4me2 like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:23 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
There are sometimes some offers to earn Accor points by hiring cars with Europcar or Hertz, even if not so generous points back ...
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by hotel_user
There is no really easy way, you can not ( as far as I am aware ) transfer points into LCAH ( You can take them out to flyer programs such as Avios though ).

Accor do not let you do arbitrage. You have to stay in the hotel to gain points ( and move up tiers to gain bonus points - look for the Ibis Card for instant Gold Status though this will give you a good status in some hotels in Asia - You will really need Platinum though for lounge access and you have to do the nights or spend to gain this)..

There are bonus promotions and offers,that you can use to gain points - I think we are due a 6 000 point offer for 6 nigh stays soon

I could be wrong ... others will let us both know but unless there are stays you can make with Accor you can not get the points.

They do not status match either. Nor are there any credit card sign up bonuses ( there were but all went 2 years ago ) .
Appreciate the detailed response! This is what I feared after having a hard time finding information on the topic. I heard that Accor was trying to get a bigger foothole in the US market, and hopefully with that they will issue some US credit cards.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:12 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
If you are a meeting planner that can also help - free registration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.