Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swissotel Stamford, Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2024, 6:07 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
We returned for a very pleasant three night stay here last week.

I'm currently down at Gold status, but we booked a Harbour View Suite with lounge access so didn't feel any pain. I booked two nights using SNUs and for the third was able to negotiate (by email) a somwewhat reduced rate to stay in the same room.

Our overall experience was slightly better than during our already good stay in November 2022 (see above), partly because of the advice in this thread that we could check in at the 65th floor lounge. That went smoothly -- a staff member from the lobby took us up -- and checking out in the lounge was also more pleasant that interacting with the tablets downstairs.

The lounge remains good and the lounge-based staff were great.

I'm glad we returned and expect we'll do so again -- although two sentences from my 2022 post still apply:

The light on the magnifying mirror didn’t work. Floor lights under one wardrobe couldn’t be turned off at night.
EcotoneHR likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 3:31 am
IMH

michaeldovecharlie has posted a less than stellar review of their stay as a Gold member in the "elite experiences 2024" thread, here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/36084356-post48.html
Old Mar 23, 2024, 5:14 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Ouch. I booked my free Accor Plus night here in August (cash rates around SGD 400, so good value). As a Gold, I'll manage my expectations and will be happy if I can just redeem my welcome drink voucher at SKAI.

I read reports of check-in offers to upgrade to Executive rooms for SGD 120. Can anyone corroborate?
Old Mar 23, 2024, 5:21 am
IMH

Originally Posted by RafKa
I read reports of check-in offers to upgrade to Executive rooms for SGD 120. Can anyone corroborate?
I don't have any insight into check-in upgrade offers but I have asked for, received and accepted an upgrade offer by email. I can't recall the precise details but it won't cost you anything to ask.
RafKa likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by RafKa
Ouch. I booked my free Accor Plus night here in August (cash rates around SGD 400, so good value). As a Gold, I'll manage my expectations and will be happy if I can just redeem my welcome drink voucher at SKAI.

SKAI did accept the welcome drink for a "classic cocktail". It's a perfectly fine hotel just not very polished for me. I do think that my experience was half standard-practice half isolated incident. Notably I don't think unclean rooms with malfunctioning amenities are really the norm, but the Accor Elite Experience being sub-par I think is quite standard. My self checkin didn't have any upgrade offers but there was also high occupancy at the hotel when I stayed. I will be staying at non-Accor properties in Singapore when I go in August.
RafKa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.