Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Ibis Styles awful everywhere ? Tiny rooms/bad renovations/unfriendly staff/no windows

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ibis Styles awful everywhere ? Tiny rooms/bad renovations/unfriendly staff/no windows

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:40 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Silver
I had a really good stay at Ibis Styles Stockholm Odenplan. The breakfast at Paris Pigalle Montmartre was also good (can't remember if the room was good or not).

Paris Republique Le Marais had really old rooms though which I didn't like.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by rickg523
Anyone able to compare Ibis Styles and the Ibis Hotel CDG Airport across the road?
Thanks.
Definitely Ibis Style !
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:50 am

With the marked improvement in standards at the newer and refurbished Ibis properties I have to be honest I struggle to see the point in Ibis Styles as a brand.

Properties such as Canning Town (new) and Edinburgh Hunter Sq (refurbed) are every bit as good as a styles albeit with a chargeable breakfast.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Somnifer
Thanks for this. I had booked two stays there for Jan and Feb hours before reading this thread - it made me a bit anxious.
Its fine for a couple of nights and is cracking value for the location
Somnifer likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Ibis Styles Tamworth Australia is just fine, best hotel in town, river views, restaurant.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak

Definitely Ibis Style !
Thanks!
I just booked for next June - attending the 24 Heures du Mans with a 12 and 14 year old and got a Junior Suite for the night we arrive from California.
Same price as a double with sofa bed at the Ibis CDG.
^
Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
On my experience in Italy, the Ibis Style’s are all quite new and comfortable hotels

i don’t use Ibis style a lot, but I have been in all the Ibis style’s in Italy in last 3 years and I was always satisfied, especially because the prices are normally 30% below Novotel and Mercure.

the rooms are spacious and the mattresses very comfortable

all these hotels have a standard in furnitures and even if it’s basic you don’t feel you are in “cheap” hotels

they are 3 “true” stars, often the rooms are better than Novotel’s or Mercure’s standard rooms

Ibis Style is a recent brand in Italy and these hotels have been building up “as new”

the only thing I don’t like at all is Accor policy about the points you earn on Ibis Style (as Ibis “red”), that are 1/3 than on other Accor brand

Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Dav77
they are 3 “true” stars, often the rooms are better than Novotel’s or Mercure’s standard rooms
Same opinion here.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
The above-mentioned Ibis Styles Budapest Center was also a Mercure until recently and is indeed really nice. Rooms have a computer gaming theme. The only bad thing is the restaurant, which serves a really limited menu, but you can clearly see this was once a higher class hotel than a cheap Ibis (the layout of the reception+restaurant area, the corridors etc.).

Unfortunately, the Ibis Styles brand is generally very unequal. You'll find great hotels (even 4* ones, like in Greece; why isn't the one in Heraklion a Mercure I have no idea) and you'll also find places only slightly better than an Ibis Budget. My general rule of the thumb is this:

* newly built (2015+) Ibis Styles properties are good
* Ibis Styles converted from Mercure/Novotel are good
* all the others may be all over the scale (this includes rebranded AllSeasons, Accor's old brand)

This also means I'd expect all Ibis Styles hotels in Poland to be at least decent, since they are all new.

Of course, YMMV. Best, as always, check pictures and reviews before booking.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:47 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by harryhv
Ibis Styles Tamworth Australia is just fine, best hotel in town, river views, restaurant.
The Mercure is much better, unless views are important.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
You get huge variation across all brands so for a hotel that I'm unfamiliar with, I always consult Tripadvisor before booking to see some clues as to what I might be in for.

I was pleased with my stays at the Ibis Styles in Brisbane, Madrid & London Borough Market. The Croydon edition is awful.
chrism20 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:34 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
The Ibis styles in Naples is an ex Mercure - but not in a good way. Hotel is close to main railway lines and rooms are small.
On the plus side, breakfast was to the Mecure standard, and very convenient for the station Staff good and friendly, welcome drink a bit poor though.
Loads of really close very good and extremely cheap pizza restaurants ( take outs from 3€ 2 years ago may have changed )
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I stayed recently at the GVA airport hotel and thought it was a decent budget airpoea hotel but I didn't expect much more.than that
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:47 am

Agree that the Croydon one is rank (and a terrible location) Worst hotel stay I have had all year (and that includes the Ibis at Dartford Crossing!) The Calais one is ex mercure and pretty grim too.

Im not sure who they are aimed at. The "funky" design will age so quickly - assume this is mainly for families with young children? I would much rather have comfort over neon lights and plastic everywhere . A nice "regular" IBIS - especially one thats had their most recent bar/reception makeover is a better bet usually.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by woosiep
Agree that the Croydon one is rank (and a terrible location)
The "funky" design will age so quickly - assume this is mainly for families with young children? I would much rather have comfort over neon lights and plastic everywhere . A nice "regular" IBIS - especially one thats had their most recent bar/reception makeover is a better bet usually.

I hadn't thought of that aspect, but you are very right.
The shelf life of these "modern style" multi colored rooms will be short.
The rooms will probably require updating a lot sooner than a standard normal ibis.
5 years max before they look totally out of date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.