Search

Fairmont Poll please participate

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:52 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Fairmont Poll please participate

Fairmont thread is currently running a poll about whether to close the Fairmont Forum and roll it into the Accor Forum. Or keep the forum open for seperate disccusions for Fairmonts, Raffles and Swisshotel brands.

I do believe Accor members should add their voice to the poll as it might inconvience us having to use a seperate thread for Leclub members to get informed on particular hotels. Current comments from Fairmont members is on average their wish to keep the forum open and seperate from the other Accor brands as they just hate any Accor labeling being placed on their beloved hotels.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: Le Club Accor: Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott/SPG: Gold, AMEX Platinum
discussion: future of the Fairmont forum

For anyone too lazy to go to the Fairmont forum yourself.
tris06 and virtualaris like this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:03 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Even if the 3rd option wins, with
say with 40 percent of the vote they should go with option 2 then because if they simplified it to a yes or no question option 1 and 2 voters would be In agreement and therefore in the majority.

In all honesty I cannot see How the current FRH forum cannot without constantly refering to Accor items.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:53 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
I am somewhat surprised by this course of action but all I can say as the Le Club Accorhotels moderator is that I will do whatever possible to welcome Fairmont and Swissotel loyalists to the Le Club forum.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:04 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
FRHI is now folded into AccorHotels.

Any other information needed?

Old Jun 26, 2018, 6:41 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by gilbertaue

I am personally fairly ambivalent about the appropriate course of action for the Fairmont forum, so I do not have strong feelings either way. That said, I would note that Ritz Carlton is a separate forum from Marriott, and Swiss Airlines is a sub forum of Lufthansa. Different situations, different issues, and it might very well be that in the end the conclusion is that Fairmont should not have a distinct forum, unlike RC and LX. But I think it's at least worth considering alternatives regarding Fairmont and seeking feedback before reaching a conclusion.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 8:17 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

My focus is more on FRHI. I understand the Fairmont chain only covers one single brand of FRHI. But with the sub forum integration, it would also allow for Swisshotel and (Raffles) to be pulled in as well.

So to be it should be a sub forum with closure of it by end of program benefits related to FPC.

At the same time, this subforum should not be only called Fairmont, but should also include Swisshotel and Raffles (no point creating three sub forums).
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:02 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

The good news is that the poll is gradually swinging In favour of option 1 and 2. When this started option 3 was aroind 60 percent Now its nearly down under 40 percent So In this poll at the moment a clear majority do not want option 3.I Have

No problem with option 2 As well until certs run out.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:51 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tris06
The good news is that the poll is gradually swinging In favour of option 1 and 2. When this started option 3 was aroind 60 percent Now its nearly down under 40 percent So In this poll at the moment a clear majority do not want option 3.I Have

Well.. Its not really a race or a competition.

But what it is, is commonsense.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:26 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Well.. Its not really a race or a competition.

But what it is, is commonsense.
Well I didn't think it was a race but more like when this poll was started, Because their moderator didnt post the details In the Accor forum it is obvious he prefered only Fairmont members Had their opinion. Now to be honest one didn't need a poll all the threads over the last 18 months it is clear majority that they Wouldprefer a permenant forum for themselves and their hotels. The poll was to give that opinion substance. Meaning they could show the results to flytalk and push the case offically to do what they always wanted even Though reality is different..

The fact that Many Accor members Have voted Now has blown that expected result away So they may not get what they wanted.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

Well I didn't think it was a race but more like when this poll was started, Because their moderator didnt post the details In the Accor forum it is obvious he prefered only Fairmont members Had their opinion. Now to be honest one didn't need a poll all the threads over the last 18 months it is clear majority that they Wouldprefer a permenant forum for themselves and their hotels. The poll was to give that opinion substance. Meaning they could show the results to flytalk and push the case offically to do what they always wanted even Though reality is different..

The fact that Many Accor members Have voted Now has blown that expected result away So they may not get what they wanted.
Not quite...

A few notes:

1) This was never a "vote", but merely a "poll". Polls and discussions among members (or even moderators) may or may not have an impact on what happens at the end of the day (standardization across forums plays a role, as does running FT as a commercial business)

2) While it was always quite clear that the majority of Accor forum participants were in favour of a quick merger of the forums, this was much less clear in the Fairmont forum IMO.

Individual discussions with members included opinions ranging from "who cares coming next year? Just nuke the forum since everyone will move on" over "may as well get used to the new realitity, as mediocre as it is; so merging everything in Feb. makes sense" to "I don't care about Accor, but will continue to stay at Fairmont hotels and would appreciate a dedicated subforum, either for Fairmont hotels or former FRHI properties"

So the primary purpose of that thread was to move the discussion from exchanging private messages to the forum, as well as to evaluate how many members may potentially still be interested in actively participating post Feb. 2019. (After all, if almost everyone had decided to "move on" closing the forum asap would make good sense).

3) Personally I think something along the lines of proposal 2 would make good sense, although I can definitely appreciate the arguments made in favour of proposal 3, and such an arrangement certainly wuldn't be unprecedented (e.g. Ritz Carlton has its own permanent subforum mainly dealing with property reviews and discussions, booking channels etc. whereas the main Marriott forum would be the place to ask questions regarding points, travel packages etc.)

Last edited by Jasper2009; Jun 29, 2018 at 11:33 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jun 30, 2018, 5:26 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Dear mods, shouldn't the poll in question also be posted in the Accor forum?
Old Jun 30, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp

Not quite, but thanks for playing.

The FPC program winds down in a few days, however, the carryover of missing FF miles for post-stays, etc will continue for months as well as the cert issues.

Thankfully Fairmont agents have been cross-trained on the awful Accor Le Club program, and that contact centre will be retained for issues on the North America toll-free number.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 10:48 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by 1flyer
Dear mods, shouldn't the poll in question also be posted in the Accor forum?
Frankly I do not see the need.

Regards

starflyergold
Le Club Accorhotels forum moderator
markis10 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 4:43 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Happy Fairmont day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.