Wiki Posts
Search

Red hot rate for 1 adult only?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Red hot rate for 1 adult only?

Hey experts,

I was trying to book Pullman Arcadia Phuket from 23-26/4. When I booked for 1 adult, it showed red hot rate (Deluxe Room) of roughly 400$ (I'm an Accor Plus). However, when I keyed in 2 adults, the red hot rate disappeared and the new rate which was another 120$ plus showed up.

Assuming this was a system glitch, I made a call to Accor (the instant call back feature) to enquire. The call lady told me she would call the resort to book for me at that red hot rate, but after several minutes on hold, she got back and told me that the hotel was not sure whether they could book the room for 2 adults at that hot red rate. She asked me to call directly to the hotel to further enquire which I rejected. At that price range, there are good alternatives (the Renaissance for example). The reason I was looking at Pullman was because I'm an Accor Platinum member (and Plus) and this is definitely not the experience I am expecting (the call lady was nice though).

Has anyone experienced the same thing (Red Hot Rate for 1 adult, not 2) or is it just me? or just this resort?

Keen to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Nam
Old Apr 22, 2018, 2:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I would just book for one and then show up at the hotel and offer to pay additional for the extra adult if needed. I've had this before (not at this hotel).
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: All Diamond
It's also showing those specs for me for a night in Brisbane next week whereas 1 person acquires Red Hot Room rate of $86 / night but for 2 persons the rate is Standard at $148. I certainly haven't seen this happen before at any of the Red Hot Room rates I have previously booked so will just turn up as usual ( we never arrive at the same time anyhow due to different work schedules) and see what happens I guess !!
namnguyen likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:21 am
Original Poster

@sycokid

I certainly can go ahead, book for 1 person and show up with 2. However, it I get surcharge, that defeats the purpose of booking red hot rate and engenders unnecessary uncertainties, and it does not make sense to me because the room can accompany 2 persons (except for a handful of countries where 2-person booking bears a different tax charge, which is not the case here). By the way, Accor is loading Private Sale for Accor Plus members right now (book before May 3) for stays from May 16, just in case it is helpful.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:32 am

Thanks for the tip re Private Sales but like lots (if not all) of others one can only access the front page but hten the calendar doesn't load with any other dates unfortunately. This has been like this for maybe 5 weeks or so now .........typical Accor IT !!
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Hey,

I'm not talking about the weekly private sale for all members. I'm referring to the Private Sale for A+ members which is not a weekly one, and which seems to have just loaded today. If you try booking a stay from May 16, you will see on the app the Private Sale for A+ for some asian countries, but not Australia though

Last edited by namnguyen; Apr 23, 2018 at 4:03 am Reason: edit
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:34 am

Got ya thanks !
Old May 9, 2018, 12:01 pm
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Pullman Arcadia Phuket

Hi namguyen,

This is the price associated with the Accor Plus card and offered to the holders of this card.
We invite you to contact his Accor Plus Member Service.

Best regards,
Amy

Originally Posted by namnguyen
Hey experts,

I was trying to book Pullman Arcadia Phuket from 23-26/4. When I booked for 1 adult, it showed red hot rate (Deluxe Room) of roughly 400$ (I'm an Accor Plus). However, when I keyed in 2 adults, the red hot rate disappeared and the new rate which was another 120$ plus showed up.

Assuming this was a system glitch, I made a call to Accor (the instant call back feature) to enquire. The call lady told me she would call the resort to book for me at that red hot rate, but after several minutes on hold, she got back and told me that the hotel was not sure whether they could book the room for 2 adults at that hot red rate. She asked me to call directly to the hotel to further enquire which I rejected. At that price range, there are good alternatives (the Renaissance for example). The reason I was looking at Pullman was because I'm an Accor Platinum member (and Plus) and this is definitely not the experience I am expecting (the call lady was nice though).

Has anyone experienced the same thing (Red Hot Rate for 1 adult, not 2) or is it just me? or just this resort?

Keen to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Nam
namnguyen likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 1:32 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AccorHotels Concierge
Hi namguyen,

This is the price associated with the Accor Plus card and offered to the holders of this card.
We invite you to contact his Accor Plus Member Service.

Best regards,
Amy
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why AccorHotels customer service doesn't work.

"not my problem, contact someone else".

Even if you can't solve it, take responsibility for it. Pull in the information and pass it on like:

"dear namguen, can you please DM me. This needs to be handled by Accor Plus customer service, but I would be happy to pass on the message for you"

By the way, I charge by the hour for consultancy.

​​​
Old May 10, 2018, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by sycokid
It's also showing those specs for me for a night in Brisbane next week whereas 1 person acquires Red Hot Room rate of $86 / night but for 2 persons the rate is Standard at $148. I certainly haven't seen this happen before at any of the Red Hot Room rates I have previously booked so will just turn up as usual ( we never arrive at the same time anyhow due to different work schedules) and see what happens I guess !!
Further on from this comment . I did indeed stay at the hotel last week booked under the Red Hot Room rate for 1 person and not a thing said at check in and even given the usual 2 complimentary drinks ^
namnguyen likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Just an update guys. After several trials, I was able to book the "correct" rate and stayed at the resort. I've just been back today and the stay was amazing. Were I not platinum member, I would have looked elsewhere which was not fair to me and also the resort. Accor should have handled this better.
@gilbertaue Thank you for sharing your thoughts. If I were Accor, I would be happy to pay you for the consultancy @sycokid There was one time I mistakenly booked for 1 person. When I showed up with 2, the hotel gave only 1 welcome drink, saying that because I booked for only 1 person, and denied to offer one more drink. That was an Accor-managed hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.