Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Downgraded to 'Classic' today - despite 136 nights!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:04 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

I just made my first reservation of the year. As well as getting the usual confirmation email, I also got a "Le Club AccorHotels - welcome to our programme" email, which gave me the status of 'Classic'.

Sure enough, when I log onto my account it's saying my next status is Silver...

Last year I had 136 nights and earned >50K points

Anybody else got this?

Cheers
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Any extra bit of info that has just occurred to me... I originally got Platinum status via my AMEX Platinum Card. That would have ended at the end of 2017, so maybe the Accor system just downgraded everyone with AMEX Platinum status, irrespective of the number of nights / points that they actually earned?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
No - it happened to me, and I got my Platinum status the staying-in-hotels way. Same email, same Classic status on the website. I noticed that, when I made my reservation, there was a small box saying "join LCAH" or something, but I didn't pay much notice... (I was using points, so it clearly knew I was a member!)

To be fair, I didn't requalify for Platinum following their rejig, but I should have kept Silver.

ETA: My dashboard is completely messed up. It has the 21 nights I stayed last year but says "Valid until: 31/12/2018". Erm.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by typical
ETA: My dashboard is completely messed up. It has the 21 nights I stayed last year but says "Valid until: 31/12/2018". Erm.
Yes - same here.

I'll leave it a couple of days to see if it sorts itself out. If not, then I'll try contacting CS (wish me luck!!).
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
So weird... I got soft landed from Platinum to Gold despite only achieving enough for Silver (14 nights). I hope I get to keep Gold!
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by RafKa
So weird... I got soft landed from Platinum to Gold despite only achieving enough for Silver (14 nights). I hope I get to keep Gold!
same here. 22 nights ~3800 status points.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: NZ Koru, Accor Platinum
57 nights with 3xnights having not yet posted from 2017 stays.... Let's see what happens over the coming days/weeks.
So it begins.......
Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
Was Gold last year and with 35 nights in 2017 I should be Gold for 2018.

Dashboard is still showing me as Gold but it says validity of your status is 31/12/2017 but doesn't your card number change each year or is that just with status change.

Anyway I've been getting an error message all day when trying to make a booking either via the app or webpage.

I'm going to leave it a few days and see what happens, I suspect some gremlins are at play,
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:07 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Looking at it yesterday it says I am Platinum Now to 31st December 2018. However the status points have not been reset so I am still sitting on 17100 points. I am not concerned about this as its only been 1 day plus it was public holiday. I will give it a good 3 or 4 more days. What I will also do is call in to ask why our bonus X4 points have not posted yet when our stay finished on Christmas day. This is the annoying thing which happens too often.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by 1HourPhoto
doesn't your card number change each year or is that just with status change.
Maybe that's why I cant make a booking when logged in, "Your Identification is not valid". Pity they didnt tell me my new number eh
Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
Originally Posted by harryhv
Maybe that's why I cant make a booking when logged in, "Your Identification is not valid". Pity they didnt tell me my new number eh
Thats the message I get when trying to book on the website, I get a technical error has occurred when trying via the app. I'm 99.9% sure my card number changed when moving from classic to silver to gold. Although I've had the your identification is not valid message several times last year, so doubtful if a new card number has anything to do with it.

I'd be more concerned with the OPs predicament.

Hopefully it's just another website issue which is par for the course with Accor and it'll all sort itself out in a day or so.

Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:08 pm

When I searched for hotels, it appeared "Your identification is not valid; please re-enter your details or contact your sales representative."
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:51 am
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/Gold, Flying Blue Silver, All Accor Gold, Hilton Honours Diamond,
Originally Posted by harryhv

Same problem yesterday.

As I needed to make a booking called Le Club Customer service who advised there had been a technical problem with some account numbers. CS were able rectify the problem whilst on the phone to remove the error message. My Accor number hadn't in fact changed.

Whilst on the phone CS also confirmed on their system my status renewal was correctly showing but advised it might be a few days before Accor.com displays all the correct information. Basically they advised me to ignore what I could see on Accor.com for the time being.

Also despite Accor.com still showing my card expiring 31/12/17 no problem checking in Sofitel London Gatwick yesterday, hotel system showed my status valid through to 31/12/18

Last edited by cwl; Jan 2, 2018 at 12:59 am
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
If you change levels in the program, your number will change as well, so maybe this is the problem.

i just crept over the line to maintain Platinum status - lucky my final stay of the year posted on 31/12 which got me over the line.

one thing I do hate though is that you don’t get status points when you have usd points to pay. Made it a lot harder for me to maintain status this year as I burnt a lot of points on stays as I had so many points in my account.

Lets see what 2018 holds.

good to hear many of you have had a soft landing.
kevino likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: BA silver, Accor platinum, HH silver, M&M
Same for me! Called them to and they said that should be OK in the next few day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.