Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Accor Gold status after 10 nights (Mainland China only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium

It seems Accor is giving away status again - after only 10 nights (5 x 2 night stays) with 15,000 bonus points.

I saw it on Loyalty Lobby. It's disappointing that they are giving away status again and only for a particular market. It reconfirms my decision to slowly depart from Accor to another hotel programme.

Here are the details :

https://www.accorhotels.com/zh/leclu...tml?xtor=AL-40

Le Club AccorHotels members can earn up to 15,000 bonus points and Gold status if they complete the five stays each minimum of two nights. The valid booking dates of this offer are October 15 – November 20.

You can access and sign up for this offer on Accor’s website here.

READ MORE: Le Club AccorHotels Rate & Bonus Points And Miles Promotions

Here’s how the bonus points add up:

Stay 1. 500 bonus points
Stay 2. 2,500 bonus points (cumulatively 3,000 points)
Stay 3. 3,000 bonus points (cumulatively 6,000 points)
Stay 4. 4,000 bonus points (cumulatively 10,000 points)
Stay 5. 5,000 bonus points (cumulatively 15,000 points)
Conclusion

It is interesting that Le Club AccorHotels has felt the need to have a better offer for Mainland China than the rest of the world where they had similar offer but omitted the Stay 4 & 5 thus leaving members with potentially 9,000 fewer points.

Here are the terms and conditions of this promotion:

1. General Le Club AccorHotels Accor & Ladies’ Terms and Conditions apply to Flyer Teahouse Promotions and you must enjoy the benefits of Le Club AccorHotels Accor Club.

“2. This offer applies to all members of the Le Club AccorHotels Accor Club, with a maximum of 15,000 bonus points:

The first stay two nights above = 500 bonus points,

2nd stay above 2 = 2,500 bonus points,

The third stay more than two nights = 3,000 bonus points,

The fourth stay above the two nights = 4,000 bonus points,

And the fifth stay above the two-night rating = 5,000 bonus points,

In the event of a valid period to complete five valid stay will receive Le Club AccorHotels Accor Legrong Gold membership level, Gold membership will be in the activities after the end of a month to meet the rules of the members. This event is only applicable to Chinese mainland members. At the Le Club AccorHotels Accor Legacy Program is dedicated to any Asia Pacific participating hotel. The bonus points will be awarded to members during the bonus points event, and the grade points are usually earned by members through an effective channel booking at Le Club AccorHotels Accor’s Loyalty Program. Effective check-in details can be found in the Le Club AccorHotels Accor. This offer does not apply to Le Club AccorHotels partner hotels in Accor. ”

To enjoy this award, members must activate the flyer promotion as the preferred conversion option before staying. This option must remain active until the member’s Le Club AccorHotels account gets the points (bonus points and grade points) associated with this check-in.

3. Participation in this offer is subject to stay in the Asia Pacific region from 15 October 2017 to 20 November 2017 and October 31, 2017 to December 31, 2017.

4. stay at least 2 nights.

5. Check-in at the same hotel (check-out and check-in on the same day) is considered a check-in. This stay will qualify for a flyer teahouse promotion.

6. For this event, Le Club Accorhotels Accor Club members (1) book one or more rooms will be treated as a check-in. Furthermore, if a member reserves more than one room at a time, the reservation is still treated as one (1) effective.

7. To participate in this offer, you will need to book through Accorhotels.com Accordhotels.com, AccorHotels AccorHotels App Mobile App and Accor’s official telephone booking center. Subscriptions made through any other channels are not valid for this offer.

8. You must provide your Le Club Accorhotels at the time of booking and present your membership card at the hotel’s reception desk at check-in.

9.Le Club Accorhotels Accor bonus points will be credited to their account within 10 days of the member’s departure.

10. This offer can not be used with other current promotional offers and does not apply to groups. If your stay meets multiple terms and conditions, only the highest bonus points will be credited to your account (that is, you will earn the highest number of bonus points).

“11. Some or all of the use of Le Club AccorHotels Accor Legends Bonus points to pay for a fee or use one or more coupons for accommodation is not applicable to this offer.

And will not count the number of nights associated with this offer for earn points. ”

12. This offer is subject to availability. General terms and conditions of sale apply to the hotel store price booking accommodation.

13. Please refer to [50880] for all communications regarding this offer with AccorHotels Accor hotel reservations center or customer service hotline.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
A least they are not repeating the same mistake they did before : giving the top status (platinum) for free. When you want to do that kind of offer, you indeed do it with gold.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:28 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
It seems Accor is giving away status again - after only 10 nights (5 x 2 night stays) with 15,000 bonus points.
Doesn’t bother me, Accor Gold has been readily available for 65 pounds no stay required for a long time, and other chains have similar offers be it via a branded card or use of a MasterCard to pay one stay in the case of SPG.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:48 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
A least they are not repeating the same mistake they did before : giving the top status (platinum) for free. When you want to do that kind of offer, you indeed do it with gold.
I agree with this.. And i don't think its giving away free gold membership.

Its giving potential new members a chance to get up to gold quickly.

When you think about it they are expecting 5 stays with a min total of 2 nights in just 1 or 2 months that means who ever is completing that many stays in a short time would probably qualify anyway even for platinum if they continued that activity for the whole year.

Also remember Ibis hotels do not earn credit so the lowest they can go with is Mercure or Novotel though I admit some of those hotels start at 50USD per night.

If Accor started giving platinum memberships away like 6/7 years ago then I would be pissed off. I am still hoping a decent drop in plat numbers will allow Accor to improve the experience for the remaining plat members... I am now 80% the way to plat for this year with another 4% status points coming for a 1 night stay at the new Foshan Sofitel this weekend.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:51 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
If you qualify for Gold with this offer, it means you have to stay on average at least once every other week for 2 nights during the qualifying period, which is actually a higher frequency than what you have to do over the entire calendar year period to get / retain the Gold status. I do not think this is a way for people who wouldn't qualify for Gold otherwise to do so, you have to be a frequent traveller to take advantage of this offer.

And, as discussed, you can get Gold by just purchasing e.g. the ibis card, which is why I am happy to see Platinum being distinguished from Gold more and more.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by tris06
Also remember Ibis hotels do not earn credit so the lowest they can go with is Mercure or Novotel.........
Does this only apply to China?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:31 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by chs68
Does this only apply to China?
Yes that's correct.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: ALL Accor Platinum
Apart from envy I can't see a reason for non-China based people to object to this offer. How exactly will it impact you negatively in any way?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Mike_P
Apart from envy I can't see a reason for non-China based people to object to this offer. How exactly will it impact you negatively in any way?
Simple. Gold and platinum are supposed to be premium statutes and not a statute for most. If access is simplified, it means that more people have the status, which makes, for example, more difficult to obtain an room upgrade.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:30 pm

Say if they complete 10 nights of stay and presented with their gold membership.
Would they require 50 nights or 30 nights to achieve Platinum status?

Last edited by chs68; Oct 30, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:26 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Say if they complete 10 nights of stay and presented with their gold membership.
Would they require 45 nights or 30 nights to achieve Platinum status?
There is no promo for the platinum status. So I would assume it doesnt change. Means:

10 nights for Gold
60 nights for Plat (ie, you still need another 50 nights of Gold stays to get Plat).
chs68 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:39 pm

Would they require 45 nights or 30 nights to achieve Platinum status?
I don't think Accor is counting on those people to achieve platinum in 2017, at least not by nights. The offer started on 15 Oct which means there is only 76 days in 2017 even if you signed up from the first day and by the time you complete the 10 nights, they might have to stay in Accor properties for the remaining of the year to reach platinum.

To me, it's more like an offer targeting people that can stay in hotels this often (5 stays of minimum 2 nights each in 2 months) to start 2018 from gold and attract them to stay with Accor from next year and I suppose these people can reach platinum very soon next year with this pattern.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
You can already buy Silver status with AccorPlus. I do this in China and get 2 stay plus nights for free, which I redeem at the Sofitel Sentosa in Singapore with my son (he likes the grounds) to make it a good saving. The status is based on a calendar year, so I renewed at Gold status in June 2017 and it'll carry to June 2018.

You can only use your accor loyalty card at Mercure or above, so for most people this would be at least 100usd/n in China. And given that Accor is not in every top tier city in China (example - it's not in Nanning), someone to avail this offer would have to travel ALOT and thus I'd imagine it would be a good targetted offer for winning future trade. If they can avail the offer then they probably travel enough to have status elsewhere. And they only get just over a year of gold Status on the LeClub program - not longer if you qualify earlier in the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.