Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current promo point offers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2020, 8:45 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by hotel_user
Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas
Virgil right? The few Latin classes I had are a distant memory, but yes to your quote especially after trying various browsers in normal or incognito mode, clearing cache, using app, you name it.
hotel_user likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 10:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Originally Posted by demue
Virgil right? The few Latin classes I had are a distant memory, but yes to your quote especially after trying various browsers in normal or incognito mode, clearing cache, using app, you name it.
Yes, thought it was apt,

Although I had to lookup the correct spelling - I am old.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 3:38 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Enjoy 3x reward points in north & central america

Book between 10/15/20 and 01/15/21 and stay between 10/15/20 and 04/15/21 at participating hotels

https://all.accor.com/loyalty-progra...c701d70a180510
Old Oct 19, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I just spotted an awesome offer on Accor Polish website

https://all.accor.com/loyalty-progra...nkty.pl.shtml#

For stays in Europe :

500 points on weekdays
1000 points on weekend

Up to 5 times. Minimum stay... Only one night !

Looks like you can go to Warsaw, and earn 3000 points staying at 3 different hotels on the week end (Ibis Styles are quite good in Warsaw).

I think that it will also show up on other accor european website.

EDIT : available on every european accor website now.
France : https://all.accor.com/loyalty-progra...bonus.fr.shtml
Goldorak, testman, JTCz and 3 others like this.

Last edited by IstKong; Oct 19, 2020 at 8:54 am
Old Oct 23, 2020, 3:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Accor South America : 2000 points for your next stay in any hotel in South America (no minimum spend so even a 40USD 2 nights Ibis stays will do the trick...)

Minimum stay 2 nights.

https://all.accor.com/loyalty-progra...e.pt-br.shtml#
Old Nov 3, 2020, 2:36 pm

First I had "due to a technical issue you are not eligible".

Contacted support to be told there was a security block on my account due to "a third party is looking to find your password".

Was asked to supply proof of ID, which I did.

No reply. Tried again, got the same response, sent my ID again, no reply.

Still get "we are having technical difficulties, try refreshing the page"

Tried different browsers, cache cleared, incognito, different laptops, mobile, all the same.

Contact support again and just get into the same loop of "try reloading", followed by "send ID" followed by silence.

"Protecting my account" by stopping me using it would be fine if they dealt with it when I contacted them. Instead, there are plenty of other chains that will take my momey.

Anyone else been stuck with this security block issue and had success getting it sorted?
Old Nov 4, 2020, 7:12 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by todderz
Anyone else been stuck with this security block issue and had success getting it sorted?
if what you said is true then maybe you should reach the accorhotels concierge here on FT .

Also try to raise awareness of this issue by social media using facebook or twitter

Last edited by fifty_two; Nov 5, 2020 at 1:23 am
Old Nov 4, 2020, 7:15 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Sadly not seen Amy on here for many a few months. Hope that all is well with her, and her job was secure ( as SB stated ). It is not good for Accor not to have her here when others ( Hilton ) do.
tris06 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by fifty_two

Also try to raise awareness of this issue by social media using facebook or twitter
Yeah, that's a good idea. I always forget that twitter can often get results where phone and email leaves you hanging. I never think of it. I've only ever twitten a few times. Perhaps a year since I last twote.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 6:07 am

First I had "due to a technical issue you are not eligible".

Contacted support to be told there was a security block on my account due to "a third party is looking to find your password".

Was asked to supply proof of ID, which I did.

No reply. Tried again, got the same response, sent my ID again, no reply.

Still get "we are having technical difficulties, try refreshing the page"

Tried different browsers, cache cleared, incognito, different laptops, mobile, all the same.

Contact support again and just get into the same loop of "try reloading", followed by "send ID" followed by silence.

"Protecting my account" by stopping me using it would be fine if they dealt with it when I contacted them. Instead, there are plenty of other chains that will take my momey.

Yes I have been stuck in this loop on four occasions over the last year to fifteen months and on each occasion it took several attempts to get it sorted, I only found out that there was an issue when I tried signing up for a promo or book a room using points and could not do so. They tell me that my email was hacked/I was using the same password on numerous accounts etc etc and referred me to the ivebeenpwned website as "Proof" of this. I done a full GDPR request and asked for dates and time along with the IP addresses of these alleged attempted hacks and they refused to provide any of this and told me I had to contact the Police if I wanted it. They broke the GDPR requirements with regards to the time they have to get the information to me and it ended up that I had to email them and tell them they have seven days to get this information to me or I will be seeking legal advice.

On the third occasion it happened I ended up demanding that they set me up a full new account with another email address and transfer the points from the old account to this and even that was a shambles. They emailed me with the details of the new account and told me that the old one had now been deleted which was not true as two weeks later I was still able to log into the account and all my details were still visible. It took yet another strongly worded communication to get this account deactivated.

They were completely unwilling to enter into any dialogue with me regarding these alleged attempts to access the account and kept referring me to the police and ivebeenpwned.

I seriously suspect that it is in somehow linked to Award Wallet checking the account balances as on one occasion they unblocked the account, I was able to log in make a reservation using points then twenty minutes later I ran award wallet. Two hours after that the account was locked again and they were telling me again that it was due to alleged attempts to access the account.

They were more interested in telling me that I had in some way compromised my account rather than help me get the issue sorted.

My advice (In normal times, I'm not sure what its like at the moment due to COVID) is to phone the Customer Service line and actually send the ID email whilst on the phone. They can actually see the emails coming and will send it to the Security Team immediately and it is normally unlocked in less than twelve hours.

Last edited by chrism20; Nov 5, 2020 at 6:16 am
Old Nov 5, 2020, 6:49 am

That is very interesting for two reasons.

First, my email address has been exposed in several data breaches over the years (dropbox, linked in, adobe) and appears in haveibeenpwned.

I use regularly rotated strong unique passwords so there has never been any risk of my account actually being compromised by someone using details from a 5 year old breach of a different website, but that is potentially where the alleged login attempts come from.

Second, I also use Award Wallet.

Thank you for the info and suggested course of action.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 7:20 am

That is very interesting for two reasons.

First, my email address has been exposed in several data breaches over the years (dropbox, linked in, adobe) and appears in haveibeenpwned.

I use regularly rotated strong unique passwords so there has never been any risk of my account actually being compromised by someone using details from a 5 year old breach of a different website, but that is potentially where the alleged login attempts come from.

Second, I also use Award Wallet.

Thank you for the info and suggested course of action.
No problem. My email appeared on haveibeenpwned due to the Yahoo breach from a few years ago as I use Sky for my personal email account and they use the Yahoo platform. I used a different password for every account and my Accor one was twelve characters long but they weren't listening and just kept referring me to that site as their "Proof".

I cant be 100% sure that Award Wallet has caused it but that was the only thing I physically done between being able to access the account and not being able to do so. I have never checked my new Accor account via Award Wallet and to date have never had an issue.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 12:46 am

Jpn: Stand a chance to win 10,000 reward points

For stays from 15/11/2020 until 15/12/2020

Conditions of sale

Win 10,000 points for your next stay! – TERMS & CONDITIONS

ELIGIBILITY
1. To be eligible for this lucky draw giveaway (“Draw”), participants must:
(i) be members of ALL – Accor Live Limitless or Accor Plus;
(ii) register for the Draw once between 12.01 AM JST on 15 November 2020 and 11:59 PM JST 15 December 2020 (“Promotion Period”), by visiting this page, Clicking the “Register Now” button and following the instructions listed;
(iii) book your stay with any eligible rate under the registered member’s name and stay during the same period;
(iv) book via eligible channels including Accor distribution channels (websites, Accor booking office, hotels) and traditional travel agencies connected automatically to the Accor booking office;
(v) enter or quote their membership number with every booking;
(vi) be 18 years old or older on the date of entry in the Draw.

2. Each booking and related stay during the Promotion Period made via eligible channels will constitute one entry into the Draw. Consecutive stays with the same check-out and check-in dates at the same hotel are considered as one stay. Reservations that include several rooms made under the name of the same ALL or Accor Plus member during their stay will count as one stay.
3. The Draw is organised by AAPC Japan KK (“Promoter”).
4. The following are not eligible to participate in the Draw:
(i)employees of the Promoter, Accor worldwide or their subsidiaries, and their immediate family members;
(ii) employees of any agencies associated with the Draw.

DRAW & PRIZES
5. The Draw will take place by 20 December 2020 in JST at AAPC Japan KK and 25 winners will be randomly drawn from among the qualifying entrants.
6. 25 winners are entitled to receive 10,000 Reward points from ALL – Accor Live Limitless. The value of each prize is 200 Euros.
7. On 20 December 2020, the Promoter will notify winners via the email address included in their ALL member profile. The Promoter will not contact entrants who have not won.
8. The Rewards points will be credited to each winning member’s account by 31 December 2020.
9. The prize is non-transferable, and cannot be returned, exchanged or redeemed for cash or any sort of gift. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of at least an equivalent value, subject to legislative approval.
10. The Promoter’s decision regarding the awarding of all prizes, and/or in every situation including any not covered in these Terms and Conditions, shall be final and binding on all entrants, and no queries, challenges or appeals may be made or entertained regarding the Promoter’s decision on the same. The receipt by any winner of any prize under this Draw is conditional upon compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
11. The Draw is governed by these Terms and Conditions. Entry in the Draw implies unreserved acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, as well as of all provisions and ethical rules on the internet.
12. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute a release and discharge of the Promoter by each winner from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the winner may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the contest, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the winner as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the contest, prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by chrism20
No problem. My email appeared on haveibeenpwned due to the Yahoo breach from a few years ago as I use Sky for my personal email account and they use the Yahoo platform. I used a different password for every account and my Accor one was twelve characters long but they weren't listening and just kept referring me to that site as their "Proof".

I cant be 100% sure that Award Wallet has caused it but that was the only thing I physically done between being able to access the account and not being able to do so. I have never checked my new Accor account via Award Wallet and to date have never had an issue.
​​​​​​​
A week after my second request, so around two weeks in total, I received confirmation that my account was now "unsuspended" and once again "permitted to register for online promotions".

I disabled Award Wallet checking between the first (unsuccessful) request and the second. Perhaps irrelevant.

If you get repeated errors trying to register for promotions it may be because your account has been suspended "to prevent unauthorised access".

It's a shame that major travel companies often aren't willing to pay to keep their IT up to date with best practice for secure access, instead of simply locking customers out of their own accounts.

There are still some points and miles accounts that only allow a 4 digit PIN instead of a strong password and two-factor authentication.

Almost as if there should be some regulation by law.

Last edited by todderz; Nov 18, 2020 at 2:09 am Reason: add quoted message
Old Nov 18, 2020, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by IstKong
I just spotted an awesome offer on Accor Polish website

https://all.accor.com/loyalty-progra...nkty.pl.shtml#

For stays in Europe :

500 points on weekdays
1000 points on weekend

Up to 5 times. Minimum stay... Only one night !

Looks like you can go to Warsaw, and earn 3000 points staying at 3 different hotels on the week end (Ibis Styles are quite good in Warsaw).

I think that it will also show up on other accor european website.

EDIT : available on every european accor website now.
France : https://all.accor.com/loyalty-progra...bonus.fr.shtml
In the French version of this offer, it says that reservations have to be completed by 16th Niovember for stays up until 13th December. Is this really the case in all the other versions for other countries? In which case, it was an excellent offer, but it slipped past me this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.