Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit [left Accor]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:52 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, QR Gold, KrisFlyer Elite Gold

Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit

Map| 4 Reviews | 100% Recommended

30 Sukhumvit 21 Asoke Road Klongtoey Nua Wattana Bangkok, TH

Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit (11 Photos)

Check In

We arrived at 3pm and were led to the Executive Lounge by a Concierge staff for check-in. First impression of the refurbished hotel (former Grand Millennium Sukhumvit) was good. Everyone in the lobby was friendly and we did not have to carry our luggages up to the Executive floor ourselves (Had a bad first impression at the Conrad after these 2 nights where we literally dragged our luggages across the huge lobby to the executive floor and waited for a full 30 mins).

There were 3 lounge staffs during my check-in. One of them came to welcome us while the other was busy preparing our documents for check-in. A third fetched us drinks while we waited.

A list of Platinum benefits was handed to me shortly after together with 2 welcome drink vouchers. One voucher (for Gold/Platinum members) entitled the user to a glass of wine, classic cocktail, beer, juice or soft drink served at the lobby bar. Strange enough, another voucher entitled just juice and soft drink(for Silver) was issued to my partner. This preferential treatment, however, made me feel slightly uncomfortable.

The list of Platinum benefits that I had for my upgraded room was also found out to be slightly different from the list of Executive Room benefits. Notable exclusions were the complimentary 3 pieces of laundry per person per day and the complimentary 30 min spa but these did not matter as we have brought enough clothes and there were already many spa/massage options around Sukhumvit.

Room

Spacious and new. Usual Pullman standard with some Platinum amenities. Interesting addtion to the desk was a stationery case containing a pencil, eraser, small sharpener, some paper clips, correction tape and stapler. That showed the attention the management paid to the needs of the business travellers staying at the hotel.

Platinum amenities: Delicious Thai kueys and fruits nicely displayed and a CBTL coffee machine with 3 premium capsules.

Full set of toilet amenities including bath salts:

Good view of Asoke/Sukhumvit junction, the nearby Terminal 21 shopping mall and the road traffic (pun intended):

Dining

My room rate did not include breakfast but as platinum member, I was invited to enjoy daily breakfast at either the main restaurant or the lounge which I chose the former. The spread was ok but not particularly huge considering it is a 5-star Asian hotel. I remembered there were 4 hot Asian main dishes, some Japanese dishes including a sushi section, chawan mushi, teriyaki salmon etc, some Western dishes including roasted meat, and the usual stuffs like egg section, bacon, ham, salad, bread and pastry, yoghurt etc. No thai dishes to my surprise. There was also a freshly squeezed juice section near the entrance which I liked very much.

Executive lounge access includes daily breakfast (6.30 to 10.30am, until 11am on weekends), afternoon tea (2 to 4pm) and evening cocktail (6 to 8pm). First, I would like to say the lounge is spacious and tastefully designed. The soft lighting during my evening cocktail sessions wasconducive to a relaxed atmosphere.

Limited selection of food during afternoon tea but the evening cocktail session was sufficient to make a light dinner with tapas, cakes, bread, sandwiches, fried finger food etc. There was also a good selection of alcohols:

As the hotel is located near Soi Cowboy along the forever busy Asoke Road, traffic can be very heavy during morning and evening rush hours. Our cab from airport was stuck in the traffic during off-peak time of 2pm on a Thursday. It took us 30 mins for a short 1 km journey along that road to reach the hotel. I cannot imagine how bad the traffic would be if it's in the morning or evening. So for those who wish to stay at this hotel, I suggest you take the airport express train to Makkasan and transfer to the MRT line nearby (no overhead linkway between Makkasan and MRT it seemed) alighting at Sukhumvit station. The hotel is just a stone's throw away.

The hotel is near the Asoke/Sukhumvit junction which means it is situated strategically between two BTS stations along Sukhumvit Road and is also served by the underground MRT line.

Overall

Good value, excellent Platinum recognition and service. Staffs are well-trained despite being a new hotel. Location is a little less desirable because of the bad traffic. It will, however, add to my choice of stay in BKK in future.

Would you like to write a review on the Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumvit?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 4, 2015, 6:13 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Thank you macabresg! GM of this Pullman was the former GM of Pullman Thamrin Jakarta (who is VERY pro LCAH and especially Plats). If you ever return see if he is free for a coffee - a very nice Gentleman.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thank you macabresg. Very nice ^
Old Nov 7, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Nice hotel. Too bad I decided to stay at Sofitel Sukhumvit next week to fully utilized my Accor+ voucher
Old Nov 9, 2015, 3:20 am

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum l Best Western Diamond l Discovery Platinum l HHonors Diamond
Nice post macabresg. I do agree with you the main road infront of the hotel is always in a long traffic jam. Was stuck in the traffic during non peak hours on a weekday. But it was indeed in a good location with T21 just across and MRT & BTS which is 5 mins away.

Book twice with the hotel but if you book via accorhotels.com for Pullman Bangkok Grande Sukhumit on the last payment page, it lack of the usual special request box for you to key in your request which most Accor hotel do have that, included the other 2 Pullman in Bangkok. Not sure why it is missing for this Pullman though. Did any one who recently make your booking realize the same thing too?

Last edited by IzoukI; Nov 9, 2015 at 3:31 am
Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:11 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, QR Gold, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
Originally Posted by IzoukI
... on the last payment page, it lack of the usual special request box for you to key in your request which most Accor hotel do have that, included the other 2 Pullman in Bangkok. Not sure why it is missing for this Pullman though. Did any one who recently make your booking realize the same thing too?
Didn't notice that when I booked but the Guest Experience Manager emailed me personally few days before check-in to ask for arrival time and any assistance required such as airport transfer. Maybe that's why the request box is missing?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 3:00 am

Programs: Accor Plus Platinum l Best Western Diamond l Discovery Platinum l HHonors Diamond
Didn't receive any mail from pullman before check in. Did my request only on the spot.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Gold(OWS), IHG Gold(Plat Ambassador soon maybe), Accor Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Just had a one day stay and was very pleased. Great lounge indeed. And full of finnish people Too bad that I did miss the drink menu, seems pretty impressive (had already too much fun with self-serve alcohol...). Though all the more reasons to go back to this hotel (after testing other Pullmans at BKK). Afternoon tea offerings are way better than in Pullman Pattaya Hotel G although not very ample. Thai candies in welcome amenity were very nice quality, indeed best I have ever had in thai buffets. Wondering if those are available in some restaurant buffet in the house... Great fresh juices at the breakfast.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:23 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Good Room and Club Lounge

Yes I agreed. My first stay here since they reflagged to Pullman and I did have some issues but the Guest Manager Miss Daniela managed to resolve most of the issues. I raised my feedback after my stay and I received a reply that they are looking to implement those input that I have brought up.

I love the room and lounge. PERSONALLY, I prefer this lounge to Sofitel Suk on Soi 13-15 although the latter is much bigger. My number 1 Club Lounge for Accor in BKK will be Sofitel SO.

One other uniqueness of this hotel is that they use the Mini Van to send you to the BTS station (Asoke) instead of the Tuk Tuk which you usually find in most hotels around Sukhumvit area.

This should be my top 2 choices for BKK Accor hotels right now having stayed in Almost ALL of BKK Accor hotels such as Sofitel SO, Sofitel Suk, VIE, MUSE, Pullman G, Pullman King Power, Pullman Grande Sukhumvit, Grand Sukhumvit, Novotel Siam, Novotel Ploenchit, Grand Mercure Fortune, Lotus Suk and etc.

Happy

Originally Posted by Ramitran
Just had a one day stay and was very pleased. Great lounge indeed. And full of finnish people Too bad that I did miss the drink menu, seems pretty impressive (had already too much fun with self-serve alcohol...). Though all the more reasons to go back to this hotel (after testing other Pullmans at BKK). Afternoon tea offerings are way better than in Pullman Pattaya Hotel G although not very ample. Thai candies in welcome amenity were very nice quality, indeed best I have ever had in thai buffets. Wondering if those are available in some restaurant buffet in the house... Great fresh juices at the breakfast.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:38 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by happygolucky_nomad
Yes I agreed. My first stay here since they reflagged to Pullman and I did have some issues but the Guest Manager Miss Daniela managed to resolve most of the issues. I raised my feedback after my stay and I received a reply that they are looking to implement those input that I have brought up.

I love the room and lounge. PERSONALLY, I prefer this lounge to Sofitel Suk on Soi 13-15 although the latter is much bigger. My number 1 Club Lounge for Accor in BKK will be Sofitel SO.

Happy
Sofitel SO should be my number 1 too. Pullman Sukhumvit and Sofitel Sukhumvit a close 2nd.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 2:45 am

Programs: A-Club Platinum, Emirates Platinum, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by macabresg
Sofitel SO should be my number 1 too. Pullman Sukhumvit and Sofitel Sukhumvit a close 2nd.
Actually, having stayed in a lot of hotels in BKK, I would have to agree and say the Sofitel SO is up there as best lounge
Old Dec 7, 2015, 6:36 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Hey macabresg,

How is the general condition of the Hotel when you were styaing there. I read it opened back in 2007 so it's considered old when comparing to the Sofitel Sukhumvit nearby. Also, at the Executive Club, do they serve Sparking Wine/Prosecco during Evening Cocktails? I have booked a stay there this coming January so I would know what are the conditions like.

Adding on, what are the kinds of privileges you can receive when you are a Silver LeClub memeber at the Pullman if you do know. I know that if you hold a Gold or Platinum status, you can get a room upgrade, what are the chances getting an upgrade while holding a Silver status at this property? As I have been to other Accor properties, different properties are kind enough to extend the upgrade to me. Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:39 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cocoleolol
Hey macabresg,

How is the general condition of the Hotel when you were styaing there. I read it opened back in 2007 so it's considered old when comparing to the Sofitel Sukhumvit nearby. Also, at the Executive Club, do they serve Sparking Wine/Prosecco during Evening Cocktails? I have booked a stay there this coming January so I would know what are the conditions like.

Adding on, what are the kinds of privileges you can receive when you are a Silver LeClub memeber at the Pullman if you do know. I know that if you hold a Gold or Platinum status, you can get a room upgrade, what are the chances getting an upgrade while holding a Silver status at this property? As I have been to other Accor properties, different properties are kind enough to extend the upgrade to me. Thanks
Yes this Pullman serves sparkling wine. The hotel did not give me an impression it is an old building and my executive room( I assume you have booked an executive room with lounge access) looked brand new. No dents or bumps anywhere and the beddings were of good quality.

I think it is up to the goodwill of the hotel to upgrade Silvers so I do not know if you would have a chance at it. You could ask politely upon check-in. I was not upgraded the only time as Silver when I was at Pullman Central Park Jakarta. That said, in my opinion, Pullman branded hotels seem to be more consistent and generous in giving upgrades.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:16 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

Macabresg, you were upgraded at the Pullman CP as the GM there believes in "if I occasionally upgrade a silver, he will get a feel for what gold/platinum is like and stay even more in Accor properties".... Straight from his mouth
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:35 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Macabresg, you were upgraded at the Pullman CP as the GM there believes in "if I occasionally upgrade a silver, he will get a feel for what gold/platinum is like and stay even more in Accor properties".... Straight from his mouth
Or maybe I was given a fantastic room facing the open space in front of Central Park Mall on a high floor but definitely not an executive room. There was a firework event (Not sure who the organiser was and for what occasion) and my room was literally at the same level as the fireworks, right in front of my eyes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.