Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Discussion with Mr Sébastien Bazin, Accor C.E.O.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discussion with Mr Sébastien Bazin, Accor C.E.O.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Unfortunately no. I would have liked but we had no time and in any case I don't think it would have been possible. I'm pretty sure the hotel was full because of Roland Garros.
Ah, I had forgot about the tennis.

Thanks
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:09 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
This might be a little bit off topic but an interesting discussion about issues with Platinum benefits in Sofitels is going on Loyalty Lobby:

http://loyaltylobby.com/2015/06/01/r...he-properties/

Many has mentioned that Sofitel Berlin Kurfurstendamm doesn't follow Le Club rules and constantly denies the lounge access. This is sad and I'm disappointed since I have an upcoming stay at this hotel and I chose it over the other one, Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt, because of the lounge.

Accor's/Le Club's management should be informed about these issues.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
This might be a little bit off topic but an interesting discussion about issues with Platinum benefits in Sofitels is going on Loyalty Lobby:

http://loyaltylobby.com/2015/06/01/r...he-properties/

Many has mentioned that Sofitel Berlin Kurfurstendamm doesn't follow Le Club rules and constantly denies the lounge access. This is sad and I'm disappointed since I have an upcoming stay at this hotel and I chose it over the other one, Sofitel Berlin Gendarmenmarkt, because of the lounge.

Accor's/Le Club's management should be informed about these issues.
Very good ^ The more noise people make about this, the best chance we have to have it solved.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:01 am

Very good ^ The more noise people make about this, the best chance we have to have it solved.
I emailed to SVP of Le Club and GM of Sofitel Berlin Kurfurstendamm. Got a quick reply from both.

I was told that the lounge is small (has only 20 seats). This is why they can't always ensure the lounge access. GM said they are working on to find a solution and also promised that we'll get the lounge access. ^
Old Jun 5, 2015, 9:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Even if a bit late to the thread: Thank you very much Goldrack for a very interesting read! Definitely a good sign that some people at Accor HQ are listening to customers
Old Jun 6, 2015, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG, TK Elite, IHG Amb & HH Diamond
Nice work Goldrack, thank you!

Yes, I agree that CS is poor and needs a real shake-up. Often they tell me to contact a hotel directly rather than deal with it themselves. A Platinum line would be a welcome addition but it doesn't solve the underlying issue.

I know Goldrack mentioned this, but do people think there is any benefit in being plat rather than gold? The benefits are very similar. Do you get priority on room upgrades if you check-in later than a gold member?

Hopefully Goldrack at least gets decent customer service by calling the CEO :-)

PS. I argue with the duty manager at the Sofitel Kurfurstendamm in Berlin about the executive lounge and as compensation receive free breakfasts in the restaurant. But I'd rather just have lounge access...
Old Jun 6, 2015, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by onemoretrip
I know Goldrack mentioned this, but do people think there is any benefit in being plat rather than gold? The benefits are very similar. Do you get priority on room upgrades if you check-in later than a gold member?
I would say yes, if the hotel is managing things properly. Every day, they know who is checking-in and status and so they should they can organize room allocations and upgrades if applicable.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:51 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
I don't know how I could've missed this - great stuff, thank you for sharing and raising all the relevant issues!

As concerns Plat benefits - I could see the difference between Gold and Plat in both upgrades and general treatment, although my "ascension" coincided with the beginnings of the overhaul of the programme, so it might have been that.

But then, Plats get free soft drinks from the minibar at MGalleries. I was practically living at an MGallery for some time, so it did make a difference
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by JTCz
I don't know how I could've missed this - great stuff, thank you for sharing and raising all the relevant issues!
You are very welcome
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:04 am

Programs: Le Club Accor Platinum, BA Executive club
Thank you very much for the update Goldorack, great to hear that their leadership team are listening to us the customers.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:40 am

Just wondering how long more to see the changes.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 4:07 am

Sofitel Miami and San Francisco bay will be downgraded to Pullman, because they are not matching the current Sofitel standards. Not really a surprise IMO.
I'm not surprised either that Sofitel Miami will be rebranded. But why on earth Accor chose to rebrand it as Pullman? I have always thought that Sofitel and Pullman are almost in same level, aren't they? I stayed at Sofitel Miami December and think it's more like Mercure. When this change will happen?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
I'm not surprised either that Sofitel Miami will be rebranded. But why on earth Accor chose to rebrand it as Pullman? I have always thought that Sofitel and Pullman are almost in same level, aren't they? I stayed at Sofitel Miami December and think it's more like Mercure. When this change will happen?
Sofitel and Pullman are definitely both in the top tier, but Sofitel is supposed to be better and more luxurious. This being said, it's not always that easy and there are definitely some Pullman which can deserve to be Sofitels and some Sofitel which should be Mercure. For this, there are some precedents :
- Sofitel CDG downgraded as Pullman and recently down to Mercure
- Sofitel Bologna downgraded directly to Mercure 7-8 years ago
- Sofitel Madrid downgraded directly to Mercure (funny, for this hotel, your credit card statement still shows "Sofitel Madrid" )

For your other question (when it will happen for MIA and SFO), I don't know.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 1:50 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Some hotels simply linger in a huge time limbo where nobody cares. The Sofitel/Mercure Bologna is a time warp wormhole directly to the 1980s, leather couches, trouser presses, blue bathroom tiling and all. I hope Accor will stop letting their properties rot, especially ones like that, with truly splendid locations.

It is quite sad to see the CDG Pullman downgraded right after the renovation, but then it might signify Accor is starting to treat the Pullman brand seriously. If they do, both US Sofitels mentioned deserve a touch-up before joining the brand.

Last edited by JTCz; Jul 18, 2015 at 1:55 am
Old Jul 18, 2015, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by JTCz
It is quite sad to see the CDG Pullman downgraded right after the renovation, but then it might signify Accor is starting to treat the Pullman brand seriously. If they do, both US Sofitels mentioned deserve a touch-up before joining the brand.
About Pullman CDG, it was my 1st reaction too. I was so surprised to see the Mercure sign on this so familiar building in the CDG landscape. But then I saw that they are building a brand new Pullman near the Ibis and the CDG1 RER station, and so I realized that it was making sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.