Search

Points earned on spend?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2015, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+
Points earned on spend?

hi
are points also earned on dining in the hotel, spa services etc - in other words; do we receive points based on total bill or how does it work?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by trello
hi
are points also earned on dining in the hotel, spa services etc - in other words; do we receive points based on total bill or how does it work?
Points are earned on anything charged to your room so yes, points can be earned on these additional expenses.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Points are earned on anything charged to your room so yes, points can be earned on these additional expenses.
No. Not all expenses are counting for point earnings. From T&C :

7.3. eligible expenses
The following expenses paid by the Member are eligible expenses:
– Expenses for Member accommodations and up to one other room at the same hotel on the same date (for a maximum of 2 invoiced rooms), provided the Member is staying in one of those rooms. Note that if the Member books two rooms, points are earned accordingly, but the number of Eligible nights is based only on the Member's room.
– Services in addition to hotel accommodations, namely: mini-bar, telephone, room service, pay television, Member meals at the hotel restaurant, and drinks at the hotel bar.
– Expenses for thalassotherapy and balneotherapy services provided at a Thalassa sea & spa center connected with the participating hotel, provided that the Member stays at the hotel.
Points are calculated on the basis of the total invoice for eligible expenses, excluding tax. This invoice must be paid while the Member is at the hotel, that is, payment must be accepted and
cleared. As a result, if a Member stops payment of a check, issues check with insufficient funds, or challenges a payment by bank card, he/she will not receive any Points for the transaction in question.

The following do not constitute eligible expenses:
– Extras paid for by the Member (even if settled at the hotel) as part of a non-eligible stay.
– Taxes, tips, taxi trips, transfers to or from the hotel, service charges, and other applicable charges.
– Advances.
– Expenses incurred as part of organizing a company seminar, banquet, or any other event, including private events, paid for globally by the Member (with the exception of the Meeting Planner promotional offer).
– All other expenses paid, such as business centers charges, boutique purchases, spa products and services, hairdresser, beauty parlor, and golf green fees. Note: Eligibility rules regarding parking and laundry charges may vary depending on the hotel infrastructure.
– All charges and expenses not specifically mentioned as being eligible expenses.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Good catch. Most of my extra room charges are for food/drink, although I thought I received points on a few items noted as ineligible.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:43 am

Programs: All Diamond
So if i book 4 rooms on 2 separate bookings (in laws from England) and offer my Australian credit card details for all rooms would i be eligible to rack up the points this way for b/fasts, dinners etc ?( I realise i will only get points for 2 rooms of course )
Old Apr 30, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
There's no way they're going track the meal expenses down to the individual

I think you will earn the points if you charge it to your room.
Old May 1, 2015, 7:14 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sycokid
So if i book 4 rooms on 2 separate bookings (in laws from England) and offer my Australian credit card details for all rooms would i be eligible to rack up the points this way for b/fasts, dinners etc ?( I realise i will only get points for 2 rooms of course )
It's not about what credit card you use. What you need to do is make sure that all incidentals are billed to YOUR room.
Old May 1, 2015, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
It's not about what credit card you use. What you need to do is make sure that all incidentals are billed to YOUR room.
What I meant was I offer to pay for breakfasts,dinner for all nine of us so would I be allowed to charge everything to my room as such ?
Old May 1, 2015, 11:55 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Points earned on spend?

I don't see why not, especially no issues for dinner. Also no issues for BF unless there is some T&C that would not allow IT (eg max 2 per rooms etc)
Old May 2, 2015, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I don't see why not, especially no issues for dinner. Also no issues for BF unless there is some T&C that would not allow IT (eg max 2 per rooms etc)
Thanks ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.