Wiki Posts
Search

No more vouchers in USD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Unhappy No more vouchers in USD

Seen among other information in a Le club e-mail received today :
"Conversion des points : à compter du 25/03/2014, il ne sera plus possible de commander des chèques hôtels/partners Le club Accorhotel rewards en dollars."

Which translates into "Points conversion : from 25 march 2014, it will not be possible anymore to order hotels/partners vouchers in dollars".

So this will leave us only with vouchers in Euros with likely an unfavorable exchange rate
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Though a Platinum with Accor and having not received any such e-mail, perhaps Accor believes it is not worth informing their truly Platinum members...

If such a movement is bound to happen then we ought to convert to paper vouchers denominated in USD prior to the deadline and use them in the next six months, right ?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
And they didn't even ask members!! It's all well and good converting now, however, we need to consider that this amounts to a devaluation of points by around 10% in many countries. I've just check 40 euros and 60 usd against the Chinese Yuan, Hong Kong Dollar and Thai baht. Around 9.5% - 10.5% devaluation in value if euros used.

I think they should increase the amount to 45 or 50 euros to compensate for that.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by pb9997
Though a Platinum with Accor and having not received any such e-mail, perhaps Accor believes it is not worth informing their truly Platinum members...
If you subscribed to their regular newsletter, it's in it (among plenty of other offers, proposals, info). It's not a specific e-mail on this subject.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 5:30 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Goldorak
If you subscribed to their regular newsletter, it's in it (among plenty of other offers, proposals, info). It's not a specific e-mail on this subject.
Significant changes to a Program, should not be among "miscelaneous" info;

Valued members should be notified well in advance to make sure their future business continues to flow to Accor.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Definitely never received any communication on this.

Last edited by RJ77; Jan 27, 2014 at 6:34 am
Old Jan 25, 2014, 1:15 am
Suspended

there was an email a few weeks ago informing about the removal of the USD voucher, i guess that you didn't get it

i can't recall if there was a mention about new T&C but there definitely was an info about the voucher
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by macaron95
there was an email a few weeks ago informing about the removal of the USD voucher, i guess that you didn't get it
Was it a specific e-mail about this ?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 5:12 am
Suspended

i actually don't remember when, i had to deal with lots of emails recently, but i know for sure that there was a communication about it
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I wasn't even aware that they had dollar based vouchers. Mine are in Euro and I purposely only use them in Euro-zone hotels.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:10 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
I'm wondering too if they have deleted all their Platinums from their email list - I haven't received any emails since before Christmas from Accor - never got the private sale email or this one!! What's the go? And not happy with this devaluation either.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Well, are you living in a USD-based country ? otherwise, it would be irrelevant for you to receive the communication

there is no devaluation if you book with points
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:06 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Well, are you living in a USD-based country ? otherwise, it would be irrelevant for you to receive the communication

I certainly don't live in a EUR country so it is not irrelevant for me!! It's a huge change to the program because US$60 is equal to about 44eur and has been even more previously. I've always used USD vouchers because of the increased value.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

I live in France but this change is fully relevant to me. I'm used to redeem vouchers in USD for stays in the US of course but also in other countries where USD is a very commonly used currency, e.g. Cambodia, Vietnam, Canada, etc
Old Jan 27, 2014, 4:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PabloM
I certainly don't live in a EUR country so it is not irrelevant for me!! It's a huge change to the program because US$60 is equal to about 44eur and has been even more previously. I've always used USD vouchers because of the increased value.

booking with points might be a better alternative for you

give it a try next time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.