Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

leave bill open in order to use coupons for dining?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold

dear friends,

i'll be staying at novotel birmingham for one night later this month then move to the radisson blue (hard to beat radisson's weekend extender rates). i have a few extra points to spend and was planning to use one or two 60 USD vouchers for dining.

my question is:

as we know you can only use coupons if you're staying at the hotel, has anyone here had any success in leaving the bill open for a few extra hours in order to use the coupons for food?

TIA
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:07 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by murilix
dear friends,

i'll be staying at novotel birmingham for one night later this month then move to the radisson blue (hard to beat radisson's weekend extender rates). i have a few extra points to spend and was planning to use one or two 60 USD vouchers for dining.

my question is:

as we know you can only use coupons if you're staying at the hotel, has anyone here had any success in leaving the bill open for a few extra hours in order to use the coupons for food?

TIA
Yeah, I almost succeed to do that. It was in Melbourne. I simply email the reservation of the hotel and told that I want to dine without staying and would like to use the vouchers. The reservation told me that is actually can't be done as the voucher has to be used as a partial or full pay for guests who are staying at the hotel but finally she told me that she would make exceptions on that time and she has informed the restaurant to accept the vouchers. Unfortunately, when I arrived at the hotel, the FO (the only one) told that I couldn't use the voucher since I didn't stay there, I asked if I could speak to the DM and she told me that she is the DM so I just left the hotel and email the hotel. It seems that the reservation forgot to inform the FO So I was denied.

My suggestion is you should email the hotel in advance if you would like to use the vouchers, the hotel will likely to accept it but ASKED them to make sure that the FO and restaurant aware of this since the voucher would be validated by the FO.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:11 pm

dear friends,

TIA
I just realized that I didn't get your point...lol

So, do u mean that you want to keep the bill open for few hours since your check-in time would be a day after? or .... ?
Old Dec 1, 2013, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by virtualaris
I just realized that I didn't get your point...lol

So, do u mean that you want to keep the bill open for few hours since your check-in time would be a day after? or .... ?
Yes, leave the bill open until 6 or 7PM of my checkout day. Thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:16 pm

Yes, leave the bill open until 6 or 7PM of my checkout day. Thanks!
It is easier then. However, you have to make sure that the FO team upon your check-in to make a note that your bills should remain opened until 6 or 7 pm on your checkout time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.