Search

Accor Newbie & Ibis North Point in HK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2013, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Hyatt & IHG
Accor Newbie & Ibis North Point in HK

Hello,
I am new to the Accor hotel chain. I am looking to sign up for membership. However, I have a few questions:

- Where is the best place to sign up for membership?
- Do you get extra bonus points for sign up?
- Are their any codes to be used to book hotels?
- Is it best to book Accor hotels on their website if you get no points -OR- Is it best to use another site to ensure you receive points?

I am looking to stay at the Ibis Hotel in HK from mid-late November to second week in December.

However, I have a few questions:
- Does Accor hotels have any current specials/bonus/promos for this hotel for the time frame mentioned above?
-If not, will the Accor hotels look to put out special/bonus/promo for the future and if so, when?
- How many points can be earned for 16 night stay?
- If points can be earned, can you use the points for stays at other Accor hotels in the US and Canada? -OR- Is it specific for the hotel stays at Ibis?
- Does Ibis North Point offer free breakfast for such a long stay? If not, what is the cost for breakfast at the hotel and what is usually served?

Sorry for so many questions, but I thought it is best to ask them all at once instead of one at a time. Plus, I thought others may have the same questions.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
-Sandra
Old Sep 11, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Welcome to FlyerTalk sandra !

I think it's quite difficult to answer your sporadic questions but I'm trying my best to answer

QUOTE=sandratravels;21403429]Where is the best place to sign up for membership?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the free Le Club Accor or Accor Le Club Advantage Plus program ?
Free Le Club Accor :
- earn points on your stay in all Accor hotels except on Ibis Budget, Ibis in China, some properties in Australia.
- redeem points on your stay in all Accor hotels except on Ibis Budget, Ibis in China, some properties in Australia, with minimum 2,000 pts which can be converted to 40 Euros in prepaid stay or 40 Euros or 60 USD as voucher
- there are membership levels based on your stays or points (Basic, Silver, Gold, Plat)

Accor Le Club Advantage Plus:
- paid program in Asia Pacific which has benefits same as above plus :
- Got 1 complimentary night (or 2 if you apply in Indonesia) for any available properties in Asia Pacific
- Room discounts (minimum 10 percents) from the current Best Available Rate (only in APAC)
- Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner discounts (25% when dining alone, 50% when dining for two, 33% for three, so on) in APAC only
- You will entitled silver level after joining; (getting more 50% points than basic member)

QUOTE=sandratravels;21403429]Do you get extra bonus points for sign up?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK, No, not right now... there were bonus points for sign up long time ago..but it never appears again now

QUOTE=sandratravels;21403429]Are their any codes to be used to book hotels?[/QUOTE]
Yes, employee rates and partner rates but you cannot use that code since Accor hotels in Asia usually very strict to this so unless you could show your ID, you won't be eligible to use this rate.

QUOTE=sandratravels;21403429]Is it best to book Accor hotels on their website if you get no points -OR- Is it best to use another site to ensure you receive points?
[/QUOTE]

You could book in any of their official website, ie. novotel.com, ibis.com, or on their main website accorhotels.com and all of them are eligible points, but if you book on expedia, orbitz, hotels.com, they were not eligible.

QUOTE=sandratravels;21403429]Does Accor hotels have any current specials/bonus/promos for this hotel for the time frame mentioned above?[/QUOTE]
Hmm..I'm not sure of it

QUOTE=sandratravels;21403429]If not, will the Accor hotels look to put out special/bonus/promo for the future and if so, when?[/QUOTE]

Unless you were Advantage Plus program, there is hardly big promotion for non-Advantage Plus member. Ie, supersale for paid member tend to always available on every quarter (recently) so I have no worries then plus they have red hot room promotions. However, the free members probably only got two times a year for supersale.

QUOTE=sandratravels;21403429]How many points can be earned for 16 night stay? [/QUOTE]

On ibis, as basic member you will get 1 point per 1 Euro spending. I made mock booking for 20-11-2013 until 06-12-2013 (16 nights), the price would be 11,120 HKD or 1,086.75 EUR (Exc VAT) for std room without bf. Therefore you will get 1,087 Pts plus 50 pts from Le Club Places on Facebook.

But, if you join Advantage Plus, so you will pay as follows :
200 USD for joining fee
(assuming that you will get two nights, so you will only pay for 14 nights; use one of the free nights in Novotel, instantly pay your money back!!)
11,120 HKD X 14/16 = 9,730 HKD. Assuming that there are no other promotions, so you will only get 10% discount so 9,730 x 0.90 = 8,757 HKD.
Sum up; you will pay 200 USD + 8,757 HKD. However, you will earn 1,283 pts (more points since you are silver)

QUOTE=sandratravels;21403429]If points can be earned, can you use the points for stays at other Accor hotels in the US and Canada? -OR- Is it specific for the hotel stays at Ibis?[/QUOTE]

Yes, sure. The points can be used in Sofitel, Pullmans, MGallery, Novotels, Adagio, Adagio Access, Suite Novotel, Mercure, Ibis, Ibis Styles. Since there are only Sofitel and Novotel in USA, so you could use it on all properties there. However, mind you that you need minimum 2,000 pts to redeem.

QUOTE=sandratravels;21403429]Does Ibis North Point offer free breakfast for such a long stay? If not, what is the cost for breakfast at the hotel and what is usually served?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure if you talk nicely to the Manager of the hotel, he will probably granted your request since the breakfast price would only cost 55 HKD. I didn't stay at Ibis in HK but stay at Novotel instead so I couldn't give comment on breakfast.

Hope this would helps !!! Happy traveling and don't hesitate to ask us

Cheers,

Aris
Old Oct 29, 2013, 12:56 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA, CX
There are millions of better options for breakfasts/lunches/dinners/whatever out there in Hong Kong. The subway station (MTR North Point Station) is nothing but a stone's throw away from the hotel entrance.

On a different note, you may also check out its younger cousin, Ibis Central and Sheung Wan, if you don't have to be confined to eastern Hong Kong Island for 16 days.

Originally Posted by sandratravels
Hello,
I am new to the Accor hotel chain. I am looking to sign up for membership. However, I have a few questions:

- Where is the best place to sign up for membership?
- Do you get extra bonus points for sign up?
- Are their any codes to be used to book hotels?
- Is it best to book Accor hotels on their website if you get no points -OR- Is it best to use another site to ensure you receive points?

I am looking to stay at the Ibis Hotel in HK from mid-late November to second week in December.

However, I have a few questions:
- Does Accor hotels have any current specials/bonus/promos for this hotel for the time frame mentioned above?
-If not, will the Accor hotels look to put out special/bonus/promo for the future and if so, when?
- How many points can be earned for 16 night stay?
- If points can be earned, can you use the points for stays at other Accor hotels in the US and Canada? -OR- Is it specific for the hotel stays at Ibis?
- Does Ibis North Point offer free breakfast for such a long stay? If not, what is the cost for breakfast at the hotel and what is usually served?

Sorry for so many questions, but I thought it is best to ask them all at once instead of one at a time. Plus, I thought others may have the same questions.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
-Sandra

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.