Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont The Palm, Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:19 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
There is no contest between Hilton Jumeirah & Fairmont the Palm. Fairmont beats Hilton hands down both in terms of hard product & service. Hilton desperately needs a refurbishment to bring it up to modern standards as far as decor & facilities are concerned. Its in very good order, just old. The pool is way too small for the number of users.

The location wins out for the Hilton though as its right on The Walk, which has dozens of cafes/restaurants/coffee shops plus many hotels (Sheraton/Moevenpick/Sofitel/Rotana/Ritz Carlton/Le Meridien) all fairly close for alcoholic options & better dining than The Walk. Bear in mind that July will be red-hot so walking far to these places for food/beverages (even at night) will be tough.

Having said all of that The Fairmont is very much out of the way, so taxis will be required for all decent options outside the property. Taxis are very reasonable though.

Hope that helps.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 11:03 am

That helps a lot. Fairmont it remains. Thx
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:38 am

Hi Guys,

Visited this property last month. If you'd like to see my stay in a 1 bedroom suite see below. I was really impressed. We were met from our car by our butler in a gold jacket, taken straight into the suite and shown around. He then gave us a tour of the gold lounge before returning to our room to unpack for us. It recently won TimeOut Dubai's best afternoon tea award, a pretty tough category!

http://youtu.be/VWsh_EH3b_U

If you'd also like to see the Gold Lounge see below:

http://youtu.be/6WXFiFwpGFA
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, AA Exec Plat
Can anyone compare/contrast the Palm with the Fairmont Dubai?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:48 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PandaPal
Palm is focused on being a resort hotel with a beach and family activities. The other is strictly a city hotel but does offer direct access to the Dubai metro.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:39 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Palm hotel is new the other Fairmont is old (somewhat tired actually).
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: UA Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, AA Exec Plat
On TA, the Palm does significantly better than the Fairmont Dubai in terms of reviews. Is there a noticeable difference in quality, or is it simply a difference in the audience the property is geared to?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 6:42 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

On TA, the Palm does significantly better than the Fairmont Dubai in terms of reviews. Is there a noticeable difference in quality, or is it simply a difference in the audience the property is geared to?
Geared to different groups. The FM Dubai is 13 years old. The Palm is 1.5 years old, if that helps.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: N/A
Hello All,

For an upcoming trip to dubai i am deciding between the Fairmont, Oberoi, Emirates Towers, and Radisson Royal.

Given i am getting all the same rates for all properties, could you guys advise on which you would most prefer to stay at.

We are a group of 4 adults and will probably book 2 rooms unless we can get 1 large room w 2 queen beds.

Thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2014, 2:57 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by JBG89
Hello All,

For an upcoming trip to dubai i am deciding between the Fairmont, Oberoi, Emirates Towers, and Radisson Royal.

Given i am getting all the same rates for all properties, could you guys advise on which you would most prefer to stay at.

We are a group of 4 adults and will probably book 2 rooms unless we can get 1 large room w 2 queen beds.

Thanks!
Have you checked the rates at the Four Seasons? This looks like a knockout property? If you are thinking of the farimont palm, why not join chase credit card and get a suite upgrade to a 1-bedroom suite, then 2 x adults might be able to sleep in the pull out in the separate room, and 2 in the master? just an idea- please check with the hotel that this is possible here, i know it is possible at the Monte Carlo property...
Old May 5, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Just did a stay at this hotel
no status so low floor .
very noisy at night if you want to keep your door open which is why we stayed here.
staff dragging tables and chairs around at 5.15 am.
ripped umbrellas at the pool.
no water on the table and had to pay for Voss.
very ordinary food and high prices.
wouldn't stay again when I can stay much cheaper at the P Hyatt.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; UA Gold; Marriott Gold; Accor Gold;
Recent reviews?

Anyone with a recent stay report?
Old Feb 15, 2024, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm just giving this thread a nudge, following a recent stay. Overall, I'd say the Fairmont is ideal for a holiday/vacation in Dubai. The rooms and facilities are to a good standard. Likewise, dining choices which include buffet type as well as a la carte; we enjoyed Little Miss India. There are three things in particular that would tempt us back. The location, along West Beach, means there is somewhere nice to walk in the evening and with the choice of other bars and restaurants. A nice atmosphere if you want a bit of nightlife. Second, is the shuttle bus that provides free transfers to the Mall of the Emirates as well as Dubai Mall. This helps with accessing the Metro and being less reliant on taxis. Finally, nothing against families with children, but we do prefer the calm of an adult only swimming pool!

Last edited by TedToToe; Feb 15, 2024 at 11:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.