Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unable to book Magnifique Family

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Unable to book Magnifique Family

Accor has a Magnifique Family plan whereby a second room for the kids is half price. I tried to book this for 2 adults and 2 kids aged 8+10 at MGallery Venice. Results as follows:
  • Entering 2 adults and 2 kids in 1 room: Error message since hotel does not allow this occupancy
  • Entering 2 adults and 2 kids in 2 rooms: Magnifique Family is offered, but I end up with 4 rooms
  • Entering 2 adults and 1 kid in 1 room: Magnifique Family is offered and I basically get what I want – just that my second child has no booking.

I’ve since booked another hotel in Venice where such problems do not occur. And I’m now looking for a hotel in Bangkok where it’s the same old story again at Sofitel Sukhumvit.

In case I’m simply too stupid to book a hotel on the Accor website, please explain correct procedures gently.

Otherwise, could the Accor Concierge please have this fixed? It would also be a good idea if such family offer had the possibility of booking connecting rooms.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:46 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Yak40
Accor has a Magnifique Family plan whereby a second room for the kids is half price. I tried to book this for 2 adults and 2 kids aged 8+10 at MGallery Venice. Results as follows:
  • Entering 2 adults and 2 kids in 1 room: Error message since hotel does not allow this occupancy
  • Entering 2 adults and 2 kids in 2 rooms: Magnifique Family is offered, but I end up with 4 rooms
  • Entering 2 adults and 1 kid in 1 room: Magnifique Family is offered and I basically get what I want – just that my second child has no booking.

I’ve since booked another hotel in Venice where such problems do not occur. And I’m now looking for a hotel in Bangkok where it’s the same old story again at Sofitel Sukhumvit.

In case I’m simply too stupid to book a hotel on the Accor website, please explain correct procedures gently.

Otherwise, could the Accor Concierge please have this fixed? It would also be a good idea if such family offer had the possibility of booking connecting rooms.
Each room needs one adult: try booking room 1: 1 adult+1 child; room 2: 1 adult+1 child

When I tried I got this at the MGallery Venice the rate comes up:

Old Dec 14, 2012, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your help. Yes, I got to this screen as well. But have you tried to continue the booking? I end up with 4 rooms and a total of 615 EUR (2 x 307.50).
Old Dec 14, 2012, 4:57 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Thank you for your help. Yes, I got to this screen as well. But have you tried to continue the booking? I end up with 4 rooms and a total of 615 EUR (2 x 307.50).
My test booking says clearly the rate is for two rooms and does not change at check out. Odd
Old Dec 14, 2012, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Odd indeed. So what do you see on the final screen where you have to enter your name etc? 2 rooms for a total of EUR 307.50 or 2 times 2 rooms for a total of EUR 615.00?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 5:22 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Odd indeed. So what do you see on the final screen where you have to enter your name etc? 2 rooms for a total of EUR 307.50 or 2 times 2 rooms for a total of EUR 615.00?
I see what you mean, it comes up with 4 rooms, but you can delete the second batch (there is a button on the right), then it works. Strange though
Old Dec 14, 2012, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks again for your new option to solve the puzzle. Sorry, we are back on square one, third bullet point in my original post. If I delete one of the batches as you suggest, I end up with 2 family rooms indeed – to be occupied by a grand total of 1 adult and 1 child. Just try to add breakfast again and you see that there is just one adult in the whole reservation.

In practice, this might work. But the hotel can insist that one adult and one child will sleep on the street – unless a rate adjustment is made / paid for.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 5:48 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Oh dear, have you tried doing it the old fashioned way: calling the reservations centre?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Please rest assured that I’m not having any sleepless nights because of this. Just thought that an Accor lurker might be interested in fixing the bug.

No, I will not use the good old phone. As I’ve mentioned, I’ve booked another hotel in Venice. Accor lost revenue. As for Bangkok, I’ve investigated other booking channels for the Sofitel and it turned out that a German tour operator has much lower rates than the Accor website. Accor will again loose all or part of the revenue.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 7:26 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi Yak40,

Thanks for letting me know. I'm sorry for the late response.

I've contacted the tech team, and they looked into the matter. No issues were found. They recommend using another browser or emptying your cache. If you are still facing difficulties, as a last solution, please try to book your coming stay using a different computer.

With regards to the wholesaler tour operator, I would like to point out that stays booked through one of them aren't eligible for Le Club Accorhotels points. I invite you to read the "7.4.3. Type of sale" section of the Le Club Accorhotels' terms and conditions at:
http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub...conditions.pdf.

There are many ways to earn bonus points easily. The Places by Le Club Accorhotels Facebook application allows you to earn both badges and extra points by checking through Facebook everytime you stay at an Accor hotel. Here is a link to all exclusive offers at Le Club Accorhotels
https://s-leclub.accorhotels.com/red...action?lang=gb.

Please get back to me if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Chris

Please rest assured that I’m not having any sleepless nights because of this. Just thought that an Accor lurker might be interested in fixing the bug.

No, I will not use the good old phone. As I’ve mentioned, I’ve booked another hotel in Venice. Accor lost revenue. As for Bangkok, I’ve investigated other booking channels for the Sofitel and it turned out that a German tour operator has much lower rates than the Accor website. Accor will again loose all or part of the revenue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.