Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Do we have to book thru' the official site to get points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond

Can we book thru' any agent and still get points? Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2012, 9:13 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello milemission,

Thank you for your question.

In order to get your bonus points, you have to book your hotel via the Accorhotels website at http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/home/index.shtml.
Bookings via third parties are not eligible for points. We invite you to refer to the terms and conditions at http://www.accorhotels.com/fr/leclub...conditions.pdf.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Best regards and happy travels.

Chris
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:31 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hello milemission,

Thank you for your question.

In order to get your bonus points, you have to book your hotel via the Accorhotels website at http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/home/index.shtml.
Bookings via third parties are not eligible for points. We invite you to refer to the terms and conditions at http://www.accorhotels.com/fr/leclub...conditions.pdf.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Best regards and happy travels.

Chris
Is that absolutely correct? I understood that Accor hotel bookings done via a GDS are eligible. (not including OTAs)
Old Jun 28, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Book hotel under Corporate Rates are also eligible.

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Is that absolutely correct? I understood that Accor hotel bookings done via a GDS are eligible. (not including OTAs)
What is GDS anyway? Please enlighten us, master
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by virtualaris
What is GDS anyway? Please enlighten us, master
Global Distribution System (Amadeus, Sabre, etc).
Old Jun 29, 2012, 12:01 am
Accor 25+ Badge

And before your ask, OTA = Online Travel Agency
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:22 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your comments. I can understand why the terms and conditions can be difficult to understand.

As stated in Le Club Accorhotels' terms and conditions: "Rooms for which reservations are made via an agent or third party, such as a travel agent, Tour Operator, or Internet distribution channel, are not eligible for points creditor any other advantages related to the Program, except for those reservations made in the context of a corporate account" (7.4.3 of http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub...conditions.pdf). However, one exception exists: you may obtain points for stays when booking with travel agencies which have a corporate contract with Accorhotels.

I would like to take this opportunity to point out that Accorhotels' distribution system (http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/home/index.shtml) offers the most competitive offers and some promotions are available for a longer period of time. Furthermore, by registering your details, the website will recognize you every time you want to make a booking, ensuring a smoother experience.

Thanks for your attention, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have further comments or questions.

All the best,

Chris
Old Jun 29, 2012, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
How about when we walk in a hotel and pay the same day and show them the membership card, do we still get points?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 2:13 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by milemission
How about when we walk in a hotel and pay the same day and show them the membership card, do we still get points?
The hotel is not a third party, it is Accor, so you get points. The same applies if you phone the hotel and make a booking that way.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: TopBonus, Miles&More
For years I have been happily collecting points at Merkur, Ibis & more here in Germany. Recently my request for points was refused due to the fact that the room had been reserved through an OTA. When questioned, the CSR also directed me to boilerplate above and claimed this was not a change of policy but had been in force all along. This was a new and disheartening development for me. While I understand the desire of Accor to drive business to their reservation system, for those of us who have our bookings made for us through our employers (a black box using whichever system is currently preferred)
these conditions void the utility of the program and force us to consider alternative hotel chains which will reward our loyalty no matter through which system the reservations arrives. Ciao LeClub - like many relationships - it was nice while it lasted!
Old Jan 3, 2013, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by William13
For years I have been happily collecting points at Merkur, Ibis & more here in Germany. Recently my request for points was refused due to the fact that the room had been reserved through an OTA. When questioned, the CSR also directed me to boilerplate above and claimed this was not a change of policy but had been in force all along. This was a new and disheartening development for me. While I understand the desire of Accor to drive business to their reservation system, for those of us who have our bookings made for us through our employers (a black box using whichever system is currently preferred)
these conditions void the utility of the program and force us to consider alternative hotel chains which will reward our loyalty no matter through which system the reservations arrives. Ciao LeClub - like many relationships - it was nice while it lasted!
Unfortunately, this problem is not unique to Accor and exists for many hotel chains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.