Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
No longer available.

Accor Places let's you earn additional Le Club points via check ins on the dedicated Facebook app.

Details: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/places.shtml
Web: https://placesbyleclubaccorhotels.com

You can also download a dedicated app
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...places.android
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plac...904999947?mt=8

Missing/non working check ins? Send an email to [email protected] to have them manually added. Email address seems to be bouncing as of November 2014
Contact them via facebook message instead.
Print Wikipost

Extra Le Club points via Facebook Places

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: aclub gold/hilton silver/British Airways silver
a club places.

Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hi Southwesterner,

if you would please give me the dates of your stay, the name of the hotel and your A|Club card number, I will pass this information on to the proper department within the Accor Group to ensure that your points will be properly awarded. Accorhotels is aware of the unofficial hotel pages issue and is currently working to remove these pages from Facebook.

The 50 points, while seeming rather token in nature, I can assure you that some of the other badges are worth much, much more in terms of points awarded.

Cheers,

Christopher

Hi freshen,

If you prefer not to use hotel WiFi and already have internet access via your mobile phone operator, you will be able to take advantage of A|Club Places benefits without any additional charges. As you noted, you have to use your mobile phone to do your Facebook check-ins through the Facebook mobile app but need to connect via a computer to check your A|Club Places account, as Facebook doesn't yet allow access to third-party apps via a mobile device.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

All the best,

Christopher
Hello accorconcierge, I have followed the procedure associating my facebook account with aclub member number and have done the check ins o my facebook blackberry account.
Nothing seems to happen. I dont know if I m doing it worng or on the accor side.
I tried 25 to 26 Jan Mercure Bordeaux chateau chartrons
26 to 27 jan mercure blois centre
7 to 8th mar mercure Milano Solari.

Hopefully you can help?

Also on another subject the accor application for blackberry doesn t seem to work. If you look at the rating of the application and the comments there seems to be an issue. It s a shame because on the paper it looks really good.
Also a great initiative for a club places :-)
Keep up the great ideas.
Take care
Old Mar 9, 2012, 6:20 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hi Barry,

Thanks much for your input. The nature of the game is supposed to be on the mysterious side so that unlocking badges can be a surprise in terms of what you are awarded.

Hope that helps make things clearer.

Cheers,

Christopher
I thought the mystery was whether A-club places would recognise your check-in.

On 2 stays (different hotels), I have had places recognise one of my check-ins, so a 50% success rate so far.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 5:11 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
I finally got Places to recognise (or at least post 'awaiting confirmation') and the Novotel Perth Langley on the weekend. Will see if points actually come through now.

Thanks to Christopher 'Accor Concierge' I was able to email A|Club Places at contact[at]aclubplaces.com and they are currently looking into it - I had to send screen shots of all of my checkin's.

Again however, it shows how difficult it is to use the program - I'm again waiting for points to be added to yet another stay (a stay which had a bill of over AUD $5,000) and it's now over 2 weeks since this stay. So frustrating.

Last edited by starflyergold; Mar 12, 2012 at 2:24 am Reason: changed email to avoid spam robots
Old Mar 12, 2012, 4:29 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hi Cornertheduck,

Please check your private messages. I have answered your questions.

All the best,

Christopher

Originally Posted by cornertheduck
Hello accorconcierge, I have followed the procedure associating my facebook account with aclub member number and have done the check ins o my facebook blackberry account.
Nothing seems to happen. I dont know if I m doing it worng or on the accor side.
I tried 25 to 26 Jan Mercure Bordeaux chateau chartrons
26 to 27 jan mercure blois centre
7 to 8th mar mercure Milano Solari.

Hopefully you can help?

Also on another subject the accor application for blackberry doesn t seem to work. If you look at the rating of the application and the comments there seems to be an issue. It s a shame because on the paper it looks really good.
Also a great initiative for a club places :-)
Keep up the great ideas.
Take care
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:14 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
So how does one know if the check in was being recognized? I follow the instructions and sync whatever it's suppose to sync. And I do FB check in on IPhone. Is it instantaneous ? How do we know if the property is even participating?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by PabloM
I finally got Places to recognise (or at least post 'awaiting confirmation') and the Novotel Perth Langley on the weekend. Will see if points actually come through now.
Novotel Perth Langley was the first one I got to work, and got my Welcome Badge.

On the other hand, the one I was at in Bangkok didn't work.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 5:42 am

Stayed at Novotel Berlin Tiergarten, checked-in on Facebook A|Club Places. Check-in was recognized and is now on "Awaiting" status.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 3:32 am

Hi RJ77,

If your check-in has been recognized, you will see an "Awaiting" status the same day. All hotels that participate in the A|Club program take part in the A|Club Places application. In case you haven't had the chance, I suggest taking a quick look at our A|Club Places FAQ, which will likely help clarify some questions you may have now or in the future: http://on.fb.me/FAQAClubPlaces. If you still have questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me.

All the best,

Christopher

Originally Posted by RJ77
So how does one know if the check in was being recognized? I follow the instructions and sync whatever it's suppose to sync. And I do FB check in on IPhone. Is it instantaneous ? How do we know if the property is even participating?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 3:38 am

Hi perthite,

Great to hear that you got your welcome badge! On the other hand, disappointed to hear that you had trouble checking in at one of our establishments in Bangkok. Can you please confirm if your stay was eligible for A|Club points, and if you see don't see a check-in "Awaiting" status in the A|Club Places application, do you see one on your Facebook wall? If so, please send a screen shot of the Facebook check-in to [email protected]. If you do not know how to do a check-in, please refer to the following link: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/141-print-...and-unix-linux. If you have any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Christopher

Originally Posted by perthite
Novotel Perth Langley was the first one I got to work, and got my Welcome Badge.

On the other hand, the one I was at in Bangkok didn't work.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:03 am

Hi perthite,

Great to hear that you got your welcome badge! On the other hand, disappointed to hear that you had trouble checking in at one of our establishments in Bangkok. Can you please confirm if your stay was eligible for A|Club points, and if you see don't see a check-in "Awaiting" status in the A|Club Places application, do you see one on your Facebook wall? If so, please send a screen shot of the Facebook check-in to [email protected]. If you do not know how to do a check-in, please refer to the following link: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/141-print-...and-unix-linux. If you have any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Christopher
Hi Christopher,

Yes, I got A-club points for the stay, so that was not a problem. I checked in at two different locations for the property and while they did appear on my wall, they never made it to the places application.

I'll go back through my wall, as the stay was back in January.

Cheers.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Hi RJ77,

If your check-in has been recognized, you will see an "Awaiting" status the same day. All hotels that participate in the A|Club program take part in the A|Club Places application. In case you haven't had the chance, I suggest taking a quick look at our A|Club Places FAQ, which will likely help clarify some questions you may have now or in the future: http://on.fb.me/FAQAClubPlaces. If you still have questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me.

All the best,

Christopher
Hi Chris,

Thanks. I did read through the FAQ after posting the question here. Till now, it's not recognized. I find it a bit silly that one has to access the Accor Places on a PC notebook unless I'm missing something here. Why can't it be visible on a smartphone whether or not I'm recognized. The check in was posted on my wall.

I'm staying at Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore right now.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by RJ77
Hi Chris,

Thanks. I did read through the FAQ after posting the question here. Till now, it's not recognized. I find it a bit silly that one has to access the Accor Places on a PC notebook unless I'm missing something here. Why can't it be visible on a smartphone whether or not I'm recognized. The check in was posted on my wall.

I'm staying at Grand Mercure Roxy Singapore right now.
I think that no one here has EVER got their points POSTED AUTOMATICALLY That being said, the best thing that we could do is got POSTED on our facebook. I checked-in four times and all of them were posted on my Facebook but none of them got the points. It seems that Accor is trying to use us as promotion tools for their properties in Facebook since other friends would be able to see our location status which mentioned one of Accor hotels. Just IMHO...
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:20 am

I've checked in 4 times now since 01/03 and all the stays just show as 'awaiting'. One more check in and I should have unlocked the 5 stays badge... It's over 2 weeks since joining and still no sign of the welcome badge.

Be good to see how others get on with this app.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MuggyBonehead
I've checked in 4 times now since 01/03 and all the stays just show as 'awaiting'. One more check in and I should have unlocked the 5 stays badge... It's over 2 weeks since joining and still no sign of the welcome badge.

Be good to see how others get on with this app.
It does take a while. My first check-in was on 27 January and I received the "Welcomer" badge on 8 February. I'm rapidly approaching ten check-ins through A|Club Places now and haven't received the five stays badge yet.

On a more positive note, the A|Club Places team have just manually added a missing check-in to my account. ^
Old Mar 15, 2012, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by SouthWesterner
It does take a while. My first check-in was on 27 January and I received the "Welcomer" badge on 8 February. I'm rapidly approaching ten check-ins through A|Club Places now and haven't received the five stays badge yet.

On a more positive note, the A|Club Places team have just manually added a missing check-in to my account. ^
I'll keep an eye on it then and persevere with the check ins.
Good to hear they manually put the stay on for you too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.