Wiki Posts
Search

Accor Super Sale is not so super

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Accor Super Sale is not so super

I booked 7 nights at a hotel in Indonesia for late January. I booked this back in November during the Super Sale promotion with 40% off. I guess this means 40% off the best available rate?

Anyway, if I had booked the same room for the same period (late January) now, if would be around 20% cheaper than the Super Sale rate.

I've contacted both the hotel and Accor customer services to query why a Super Sale rate should be significantly more expensive than the Member Rate or Red Hot Room rate, as what is the point in calling it a Super Sale if cheaper rates are available later. Surely booking well in advance should benefit loyal Accor customers, not penalise them?

The hotel responded that they will check the terms and conditions of the original booking - obviously it's non-refundable as they've taken the whole amount from my card already.

Accor customer services are pretty useless. I've e-mailed them 3 times and had 2 phone calls today. They just say that the Super Sale is an Accor promotion but that the Red Hot rooms or Member rate is NOT. Maybe they mean it is directly through the hotel? This is confusing. Anyway, I still feel rather annoyed that booking through a Super Sale, 3 months in advance, resulted in a much more expensive room rate than if I had waited until now.

Next time, I'll remember that the Super Sale isn't so super after all.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Hi yorkboy, did you book on the 1st day of Super Sale or perhaps you booked on 2nd or 3rd (so on..) of the Super Sale ?

I found that they might use allocation basis for the super sale. For example, I booked Superior at Premier Floor for only 383,000 IDR (equals to 43 USD) While their early breaks rate ranging from 65-75 USD; while their BAR ranging from 90-110 USD. But, I was surprised when I tried to book additional room on the next day, the price has gone upper to +-80 USD I believe that Accor has quotas on their promotion, and the price went high when the quota has already reached the limit. It's also interesting (as you said) that couple weeks after the super sale promotion, the price start to decline and could reach the usual early breaks rate (65-75 USD).

Things that we can learn is book early during their super sale promotion before the quotas reach the limit.

Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I booked 7 nights at a hotel in Indonesia for late January. I booked this back in November during the Super Sale promotion with 40% off. I guess this means 40% off the best available rate?

Anyway, if I had booked the same room for the same period (late January) now, if would be around 20% cheaper than the Super Sale rate.

I've contacted both the hotel and Accor customer services to query why a Super Sale rate should be significantly more expensive than the Member Rate or Red Hot Room rate, as what is the point in calling it a Super Sale if cheaper rates are available later. Surely booking well in advance should benefit loyal Accor customers, not penalise them?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Hi there,

I don't believe this has anything to do with quotas, as I still got 40% off whatever rate is was compared to. However, the members' rate or red hot room rate is much lower now than the Super Sale rate, which I believe is wrong, as it means the Super Sale is nothing more than a marketing gimmick.

In addition, I didn't get the extra 10% off for Advantage Plus members as Accor customer services said I hadn't inputted by number at the time of booking and that now it's too late. I usually input the number religiously. Well, now I know why that happened. When you log in at www.a-club.com and then click 'Reservations', the booking number isn't automatically included at the bottom of the reservation page. So, actually, what is the point of logging in when you have to insert the number again? I didn't realise this and that explains why I didn't get the additional discount. I don't think it is my fault though and Accor should still honour the additional 10% discount for Advantage Plus members and look into this technical issue. I hope the Concierge follows this up.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
I had very good rates using the Supersale.

Only issue I had is that my points don't post automatically and submitting a retro claim requires me to send in a copy of my folio.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 2:47 pm
DUS

Programs: LH HON, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Surely booking well in advance should benefit loyal Accor customers, not penalise them? [...] Next time, I'll remember that the Super Sale isn't so super after all.
Well, I can understand your frustration to see an even lower price now than during the SuperSale. It is always frustrating to not get the best price. However, you mustnīt forget that when you booked it

a/ you booked it at what you thought was a great rate and it was, so no real reason to get too annoyed about an even lower price, today.

b/ you were guaranteed a great rate and you secured that rate at the time. You can never be sure to get an even lower rate later on closer to the time of your scheduled trip.

You might *gamble* next time! Mind you, you could then end up moaning here about paying more because no "Red Hot" promo rates were made available.

So, forget your frustration and look forward to your trip!

DUS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.