Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2012 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2012 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA MM 1K, UK Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb
Novotel Xinqiao Beijing

Novotel Beijing Xinqiao - Oct 29~Nov3
What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
No

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked - Standard room
No upgrade

How are the rooms?
Small
Feels dated
No clock
Uneven table

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Really none. Worse stay of my life
Good exchange rate

Bad:
Rude uncaring staff
Reception does not answer calls/ always busy
Assistant manager always too busy to respond
English hotline always busy
Only housekeeping answers their phone
Mold in bathroom
Heating not working

Would you return?
No
Old Nov 1, 2012, 3:04 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Bangkok IBIS Nana

Your Le Accor Club status?
Gold

Yes

Standard Room, got just that.

How are the rooms?
Pretty standard for new IBIS. Reasonable size. Painted concrete walls

Good: Clean. Far enough from the madness at the start of Soi Nana. Staff do try to be helpful.

Bad: A bit of a walk from Suhkumvit though transport provided on way out.
Internet usage is awkward, but there.

Value for $$ or Vouchers? Would you return?
A bit newer than the other hotels in the price range. As long as I get stay credits (per night) I will return. Breakfast buffet is just OK.

I have stayed at many hotels in Bangkok over the last 30+ years mostly in the same area.

There needs to be a way to (pre)select the pre-paid breakfast on a day-by-day basis. My last day I left at 06:00 - before breakfast would be available. As a result I simply paid (more) for it on the first two days.

Fred
Old Nov 1, 2012, 3:20 am

Grand Mercure Beijing Central

Gold

Mostly though with serious reservations - a retired couple

Standard Twin, got just that. I did not ask for upgrade as breakfast was not purchased.

How are the rooms?
Acceptable size, bathroom dated a bit Reasonably clean

Good: Location is central to many of the central tourist venues. The Xidan shopping area is within walking distance. The mattress quality was excellent.

Bad: The check in person seemed insulted that I had chosen to NOT purchase the breakfast buffet. This was actually worse than it sounds as there are NO OTHER OPTIONS for breakfast at the hotel. ie there is no continental breakfast to be found ANYWHERE in the hotel. We used the coffee urn in the room. This subject was explained to one of the day managers as we checked out. A further note - there seems to be no other restaurants close by.
The room smelled of cigarette smoke on first arrival. (yes it's China)
While the days were mainly quite brisk (15-20degC) the room was actually too warm for comfortable sleeping and it appears that the heating/cooling is based on a centralized system. As a result the temperature in the room could not be reduced, although the air unit did remove the smell.
The internet at the room was absurdly priced and not used.
The WiFi in the lobby was available but only usable speedwise between 04:00 and 07:00. The speed seems to be a China rather than hotel issue.
Late check out was limited to 13:30.

Probably. More likely I would look at one of the Novotel hotels in the same general area.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 3:33 am

ibis Beijing Capital Airport

Gold

A bit of an adventure but yes

Standard. Room had two very large singles which could have been pushed together for a king

How are the rooms?
Acceptable size. Reasonably clean. Cat5 cable included for internet but use not attempted.

Good: Location near the airport. The mattress quality was excellent.
The free mini-bus to the air terminal was unexpected and useful.
If you speak/read Mandarin the restaurant is probably a bonus.

Bad: Limited English spoken.
The restaurant is attached but under separate management. Ordering is by selecting pictures. Having said that, the food was acceptable and prepared quickly. But given the number of western faces, ibis would do well to finance the translation to a (any) western language.
The mini bus was useful but only ran on a schedule leaving on the hour, requiring a 05:00 departure for an 08:00 flight.

A clean cheap stay for a late arrival or early departure, so with those conditions, yes.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
I'm a bit behind here so here's a few recent experiences

Platinum

Novotel Barcelona Sant Joan Despi

Not really

Standard room booked and received

How are the rooms?
Standard Novotel rooms. Bathrooms could do with a bit of a deep clean and refurbishment.

Good: Good quality rooms for the price. Lovely (and very cheap) tapas bar just down the road. Cheap (€2) shuttle bus to airport also covered by Barcelona transport ticket)
Bad: Staff were generally unhelpful. Things went wrong 3 days before arrival when I received an email 'acknowledging my cancellation' which I had never made. Rang hotel in a panic to be told that I must have done it myself as there computer wouldn't do that. Sent frantic email to central reservations to which I have yet to receive a reply (2 weeks later). New booking with new booking code popped into my inbox a few hours later.

Request for a kettle at reception (in Spanish) for medical reasons (my mum needs cooled boiled water to clean out her nose in the morning) was initially refused. We were then promised it would arrive the next morning, which it did not. Eventually it turned up late one afternoon, 2 days after the initial request.
Request for late check-out was initially met with 'that will be €40 please', we eventually got an extra 45 minutes on mentioning of plat status along with heavy sighing.
Coffee bar gave change in Turkish Lira, which they later refused to change (to be fair we didn't notice for an hour or two)

Not really. The staff really do need a bit of retraining (head receptionist was regularly sour, although the new trainee was lovely (the head receptionist actively stopped her trying to help us).

Mercure Lyon Part-Dieu
Yes

'Superior' (Standard) room booked and received.

How are the rooms?
Lovely and very modern. Gigantic (40") TV with larger selection of international channels. Only a shower in the bathroom though and annoying selection of toiletries which cannot be recapped when closed

Good, multilingual reception staff willing to indulge my poor French. Able to check in at 10am following flight arrival at 7:30.
Bad: Area a bit dead on Saturday nights at weekends. Few restaurants except fast food outlets in gigantic 'Part-Dieu' shopping centre and station.

Yes. Good value but probably a bit more than I need for a weekend away.

Novotel Sevilla

Yes

Standard booked and received

How are the rooms?
Standard Novotel rooms. Clean and good quality

Lovely staff. Late check-out (5pm) not a problem. Brekfast looked good. Right next to Metro station.
Bad: Expensive Minibar (but it's Accor...)
Yes.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:36 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Sofitel Galaxy Nanjing

Platinum

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
No, mostly because of the poor service and few benefits received as a platinum member.

Booked luxury room and received luxury room on a club floor -- but without any club benefits. Whether there is a difference between a luxury room and one on a club floor, I don't know doubt it.

How are the rooms?
Very large, especially the bathroom. Materials are shoddy however -- headboard is plastic that's starting to peel and the woods are particleboard covered in a faux wood covering.

Good:
Large room and bathroom that was modestly clean, good water pressure.

Bad:
Lack of Le Club perks, poor service especially by the doormen, construction of new lobby means hassles in and out of hotel, inadequate staff at check-in and check-out, instant coffee, slow wired internet (no wireless on most floors).

Would you return?
No, unless I was guaranteed lounge benefits as I do at most Sofitels.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 5:17 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Thumbs up MGallery - The Convent Hotel Amsterdam

Gold

Yes, very much so.

Booked standard (room 301), but got superior (room 503) after asking at check-in. Only reason was that I had initially requested certain things which the superior room didn't offer (i.e. double bed).

How was the room?
Very large, excellent bed (slept like an angel), very quiet with great selection of misc language TV channels ^

Good:
Large room and dead quiet. Brilliant staff ^ Got the club recognition as advertised so double ^^ Location is perfect for everything...

Bad:
Nothing really. Decor a bit dated but who cares when everything else was top-notch.

Would you return?
Without a doubt...
Old Nov 12, 2012, 9:07 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Sofitel Agadir Thalassa Sea & Spa

Platinum

Happy with the physical hotel, service was an issue but they are trying.

Booked directly with the hotel and agreed on a junior suite in advance.

How was the room?
Excellent room, very stylish and very comfortable

Good:
Excellent room, great bathroom, large terrace, nice pool area. Nicely designed common areas but a tad clinical and therefore lacking atmosphere. Management was willing to listen to complaints.

Bad:
Service was slow and inconsistent at the restaurant and the bar. Overpriced drinks. Turn down service and housekeeping were inconsistent.

Would you return?
Not sure, the hotel yes but Agadir as a destination is a bit dull.

(full review to follow)

Last edited by starflyergold; Nov 12, 2012 at 10:47 am
Old Nov 14, 2012, 1:36 am

Programs: TK elite plus, Flying Blue platinum, ALL gold, IHG diamond
Originally Posted by Cupart
Gold

Yes, very much so.

Booked standard (room 301), but got superior (room 503) after asking at check-in. Only reason was that I had initially requested certain things which the superior room didn't offer (i.e. double bed).

How was the room?
Very large, excellent bed (slept like an angel), very quiet with great selection of misc language TV channels ^

Good:
Large room and dead quiet. Brilliant staff ^ Got the club recognition as advertised so double ^^ Location is perfect for everything...

Bad:
Nothing really. Decor a bit dated but who cares when everything else was top-notch.

Would you return?
Without a doubt...
Great to hear, I've booked a room there next week and was wondering if my platinum card would be acknowledged or not.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Value for money or vouchers? Would you return?
this hotel is generally quite expensive (as most hotels downtown DC), except January/february which is the low season. But yes, I'll return (next stay is already booked for very soon - the hotel sales dept was very efficient to find a dozen rooms+ meeting room for my colleagues and I during a very full period, so a great thank you to them ^).
So I just returned from a new stay there, announced in my previous post. Great stay as usual, but since last month, L'Occitane products have been replaced by Lanvin-branded products . Lanvin products are good but was much preferring L'Occitane
Old Nov 17, 2012, 1:41 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
MGallery Hotel Baltimore, Paris

Platinum

Not exactly.

Booked Premium Room, was told at reception that no upgrade was possible as the hotel was sold out. Once I checked on the Accor app I realised that this was untrue and went back and asked them to look again. After an unpleasant exchange they upgraded to a larger room.

How was the room?
The initial room was tiny (just space for bed), the upgraded room was bigger but still small. Nicely designed though.

Good:
Very large TV with very large selection of channels from around the world, many in HD. Nice bathroom. Breakfast was pleasant. Bed was comfortable.

Bad:
Noise from the delivery dock below at midnight and early morning, as well as housekeeping in the corridors. Having to argue for upgrade (when being told untruths), no welcome gift, turn down service on one night only.

Would you return?
Only if the price/value proposition improves and they take Le Club rules seriously.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 7:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Ibis London Excel Docklands

Gold

Yes

Standard room and got just that

How was the room?
Was good, reasonable size

Good:
Location was good, although calling it a few minutes from Canary Wharf was stretching it a bit, should maybe have stayed at the other Ibis Docklands! Got given a drinks voucher on check-in, was impressed, only at Sofitel has this been given before!

Bad:
Nothing

Value was pretty good, if was staying in the area or going to something at Excel would happily stay here again, although if it was worth it would possibly check out the Novotel next door!
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
B-Lay Tong Phuket - MGallery Collection

Ok..long time hiatus on writing Le Club Elite Experiences here..so I will recap some of my recent stays:

B-Lay Tong Phuket - MGallery Collection

Platinum

Are you kidding?? of course !!!

Booked one room Deluxe Pool Access and one room on Executive Deluxe. The Executive Deluxe room was upgraded to Spa Suite; which means that it was double upgrade !!! Their Spa Suite has overlooking views both to the Andaman Sea and their pools ! ^^^^

How was the room?
Both of them are spacious and have their own characteristics.

Good:
Friendly staffs, ask what is benefit of Platinum member there and told that there are free breakfast for Platinum member ^^, when I check on the next morning; my room has breakfast inclusive mark on the restaurant staff's list , I could keep my suite room until 4 pm while I release another room as token of my goodwill to the hotel that have took care us very well.

Bad:
Minor thing; probably their spa bathtub on their spa suite needs bit maintenance.

Would you return?
For sure!!!!

Last edited by virtualaris; Dec 2, 2012 at 8:44 am
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:35 am

Mercure Jakarta Simatupang

Mercure Jakarta Simatupang

Platinum

Much better than I expected from other Mercure that I've ever stayed

Booked two superior rooms during their opening sales (180,000 IDR/nite equals to +-14 EUR/nite) without breakfast. Not upgraded but one of the room got the corner room which is probably 2-4 meter bigger than the other room. ^

How was the room?
Being told that the room is about 20m, but it seems more spacious than the actual size. I think that the room arrangement is very good ^

Good:
Friendly staffs comparing to other 4 stars hotel in Jakarta, the staffs are very familiar with Advantage Plus Program (considering that the hotel is very new) so it seems that the staffs have been trained well, very good security (comparing to all other Mercure hotels that I've ever stayed). Late check-out up to 2 pm. The design of the hotel is really beautiful; especially on their restaurant..lot of old telephones from many decades!

Bad:
This is the only 4th Mercure that I've ever stayed and all of the Mercure that I've ever stayed always wrongly posted my points The hotel only posted one of my room while all my dinner, breakfast, and another room bill were not posted. After making a phone call, everything were sorted out.
The swimming pool is very small. However, it's located on the 19th floor so it has good view of surrounding area

Would you return?
Probably..since it's the nearest Accor property from my home.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:42 am

Pullman Beijing West Wanda

Pullman Beijing West Wanda

Platinum

For sure !!!

Booked two executive rooms; one of the room upgraded to their Suite eventhough the occupancy rate was 96 % on that time !!!

How was the room?
The suite room is very spacious; about 75 m and has very wide windows overlooking to the Beijing West Area !!!

Good:
Friendly staffs, I got late check-out up to 6 pm for both of my rooms!!!, I ordered the extra bed (before were upgraded), then after asking for upgrade upon check-in.. and granted. I asked the extra bed to be moved to the Suite but they told me that I shouldn't need any extra bed. When I was check out, the extra bed charges were removed, while additional charges for extra person in breakfast were also removed!!! wow..what a service !!

Bad:
No Free Wifi in all rooms; only in lobby

Would you return?
Would be my first choice when I return to Beijing; except Sofitel has a sale or affordable rates

Last edited by virtualaris; Dec 2, 2012 at 8:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.