Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Accor A-Club property in Bangkok?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2011, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Question Best Accor A-Club property in Bangkok?

Hi there BKK frequent travelers ^

I am new to Accor and so far really enjoying my experience!

Me and my GF are going to Thailand in January and will stay in BKK for nine nights at the end of our journey and I am wondering which Accor property to stay at.

We have been to Bangkok many times, but have never stayed at any Accor property

Our criteria:
- Hotel: Luxury is a big plus
- Pool: Must have and a good sun area is a big plus and could be an deciding factor.
- Price: Not an deciding factor
- Room: Suite is a plus

Any pointers and recommendations will be much appreciated ^
Old Jul 9, 2011, 2:26 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by SASDC8
Hi there BKK frequent travelers ^

I am new to Accor and so far really enjoying my experience!

Me and my GF are going to Thailand in January and will stay in BKK for nine nights at the end of our journey and I am wondering which Accor property to stay at.
You cannot go wrong with either:
1. Sofitel Silom - they have very nice Prestige Suites (apx. 75 sqm, roughly 250US$ per night - can get significantly lower than that during a Suite-sale) and a great Imperial Suite on the 28th floor (apx. 170 sqm, roughly 500US$ per night). Cannot comment on the pool.
2. Pullman King Power - cool hotel with excellent services and location. They have a nice Executive Suite (apx. 65 sqm, if I'm not mistaken, roughly 120US$ during a Super-Sale). The hotel has a great pool, too.

Notice that by January, 2 new Sofitels may be launched in Bangkok (although I have a feeling they won't open until mid 2012...) - Sofitel Sukhumvit and Sofitel So Bangkok. I assume both of 'em would be great.

Accor has some wonderful properties in Bagnkok.
Have fun!
Old Jul 9, 2011, 3:43 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
The only drawback of the Sofitel Silom are the pool (tiny) and the sun area (tiny as well). Otherwise it is a fantastic hotel.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 3:52 pm

Here's a vote for the Pullman - I love that place. The new Novotel Fenix Ploenchit is perfectly situated and looks way cool. I walked in and looked around. Lap pool though. Check for the Sofitel Sukhumvit opening. I bet that'll be the best of the lot. wj
Old Jul 10, 2011, 3:48 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
I'm not holding my breath for the Sofitel Sukhumvit opening in time, it's been delayed for well over two years now, the opening date has been pushed back each time it said it's going to be open.

Your best bet is Sofitel Silom though as mentioned the pool is a let down. I've mixed feeling about Pullman, though the pool is big and gets good sun. Try Vie Hotel at Deluxe Suite level. The BTS is almost right by the door step, a decent pool, though you will have to walk out of the lobby across to the annex building which is kind of weird. Very boutique feel.

Or the Muse which is opening as we speak. Looks promising and things (that opening jitters) would have sorted itself out when you arrive in BKK. I'll report back after I've tried it in the near future.

Last edited by RJ77; Jul 10, 2011 at 4:08 am
Old Jul 10, 2011, 5:05 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Originally Posted by RJ77
I'm not holding my breath for the Sofitel Sukhumvit opening in time, it's been delayed for well over two years now, the opening date has been pushed back each time it said it's going to be open.

Or the Muse which is opening as we speak. Looks promising and things (that opening jitters) would have sorted itself out when you arrive in BKK. I'll report back after I've tried it in the near future.
Yes. I have been waiting for the opening of Sofitel Sukhumvit since 2009 but each time time it has been delayed.

Actually I am quite excited about the opening of MUSE. I saw from Accor site that it will only open in August 2011 (check the dates from 1 to 4 August 2011 but was shown as unavailable) but a check on http://www.latestays.com shows that they are already taking reservations starting 12 July and the starting rates are 4,720 baht

A check on www.hotelmusebangkok.com shows that the muse suite is 84 m and royal muse suite is 216 m. Base on the photos, I reckon Muse should be my first choice, followed by VIE.

I just wonder how does MUSE position itself Vs the new Sofitel SO?

Happy
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Thanks for all your replies ^

Since it is our holiday and the GF loves the sun and pool, I guess we will stay at the Pullman in a Executive Suite then.

But I will not book until I have seen more about the Muse after it opens. It looks way cool!

Cheers
Old Jul 16, 2011, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
I really like the Sofitel Silom - but if you are after a nice pool with sun you will have chosen the wrong hotel. The staff are superb, especially if you stay on the Executive floor - we have in the past found it very difficult to leave the executive lounge to get our plane home.

The Pullman is further out form the hotel but very close to the Skytrain - they provide a golf cart to get there or it's a 10 minute walk. The pool area is nice. I was very disappointed with breakfast as all of the food was cold. After complaining they used more lights to try to keep it hot but it still wasn't good.

The Vie is nice but they don't have an Executive Lounge. The pool is nice but you do have to walk through the lobby to get to the pool which is an annexe. The hotel is very central and an easy walk to the nearby shopping centres.

It really comes down to priorities - my selection would be an Executive floor room at the Sofitel Silom.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 3:23 am
Kyo

Programs: Ex-BD55 + KF*G + BA Gold + IC RA(?) + OZ*G + SPG*P
The Pullman is by far the best Accor property in BKK. And some would say, most of SE Asia, also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.