Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Dubai Jumairah Beach

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2011, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC Amb, Marriott Silver, KF Silver, MPC Silver
Sofitel Dubai Jumairah Beach

How is this hotel? Trip Advisor rates it highly but I'm not sure how much I can trust them...
Old May 16, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: FB Plat, A-Club Plat, *A Gold
I have stayed there a couple of times.
I thought the hotel was top class and the service was great.
The last 5 or 6 times I have been to Dubai I have stayed at the Pullman Mall of the Emirates instead, this is a lot cheaper and i think the hotel is as good. Also as I was only by myself I prefer the location of the Pullman as I can get cheap food from the supermarket etc but thats just me being cheap!
Sofitel is pretty top end but the Pullman has more of a homely feel to it which i prefer
Old May 17, 2011, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks Swede Baggie! And thanks again for your first post being the one to answer my question!

I've already booked it haha, so I guess I can't back out now! And anyway, I'm only in Dubai for a day so I might as well treat myself to the best experience possible
Old May 17, 2011, 8:06 am

Programs: FB Plat, A-Club Plat, *A Gold
No probs at all, have read here for ages but never been able to help anyone before!

Is a great hotel dont get me wrong!
What was really cool is to get a transfer from the airport.
They pick you up in a 7 series with ice water, cold clothes etc which added the whole Dubai experience to it.
I just dropped the hotel a mail asking them to pick me up
Old May 17, 2011, 8:18 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Welcome to FT SwedeBaggie
Old May 7, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by SwedeBaggie
No probs at all, have read here for ages but never been able to help anyone before!

Is a great hotel dont get me wrong!
What was really cool is to get a transfer from the airport.
They pick you up in a 7 series with ice water, cold clothes etc which added the whole Dubai experience to it.
I just dropped the hotel a mail asking them to pick me up
Was this pullman or sofitel? And this was complimentary or they billed you?
Old May 11, 2012, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

I asked via email and unfortunately this service is billable. I believe you get free transfers only if you're booked into a suite.
Old May 15, 2012, 6:36 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Only (possible) downside is that the hotel has no private beach. IIRC is is not directly at the beach (this was in 2010 and I wasn't staying there, is there a walkway across the road to the [public] beach?)
Old May 20, 2012, 3:16 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Only (possible) downside is that the hotel has no private beach. IIRC is is not directly at the beach (this was in 2010 and I wasn't staying there, is there a walkway across the road to the [public] beach?)
The hotel is actually on The Walk at JBR which is across the "road" from Jumeirah beach - this is a public beach. The "road" is narrow, two way & small. Dead easy to cross. You easily are less than 5 minutes from the sand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.