Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Hotel Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2011, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL

Hi,

I was in Berlin over the weekend on a 3-night-stay with my girlfriend. I had booked the Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof with on promotion rate (70 EUR per night per room, pre-paid). Here's my trip report:

The hotel is located in the western part of the city near the Kurfuerstendamm and directly opposite to the Intercontinental Berlin. We arrived there by public transport (S-train from Berlin main station to Berlin Zoo, then Bus 200 to Budapester Straße). From the bus stop it was only 50 meters to the hotel.
    The Kurfuerstendamm lies in walking distance. With the Bus 200 you can also head directly to various points of interest (e.g. Potsdamer Platz, Friedrichstraße, Alexanderplatz, etc.)
  • Arrival
    We were greeted warmly and were already pre-upgraded to a superior room. I requested an additional suite upgrade, which was denied, instead I received an upgrade to a deluxe room, which was few square meters larger than th superior room. It also had a Nespresso coffee machine and we got the minibar for free, which was great.
  • Room
    The room was nice, quiet and spacious. Everything was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The Nespresso machine was definitely an upside, as the coffee tastes great.
  • Bar
    We got a voucher for a free drink in the bar, which we used on the first evening. The bar is not exceptional in any way, but the staff was very nice and the pricing is definitely below the standard, that one expects from hotel bars in a capital city. We had a snack there (Currywurst - what else in Berlin), which was great and quite a deal.
  • Neigbourhood
    As said before, the Kurfuerstendamm and the KaDeWe are both in walking distance. We had a very good (and cheap) breakfast in a small bakery right around the corner on Kurfuerstenstrasse right next to an Europcar car rent station, which I can definitely recommend.
  • Spa
    From all the pictures that we saw, the Spa looks great, but we didn't have the time to visit it.

We had a very pleasant stay and will definitely come back. As a sidenote, the Pullman hotel is currently ranked on no. 10 in the tripadvisor ranking on German hotels.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks for your review. I stayed twice in this hotel when it was still a Sofitel and I enjoyed both stays.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 2:55 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
I agree nice hotel, my only gripe was that the aircon was a little weak.

Great breakfast by the way.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:02 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Pullman Berlin - Experiences

Any insights appreciated...also interested to know if you were upgraded (I am Plat with Accor) and if so, to what. Thank you!
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Are you talking about the Pullman Schweitzerhof ? If yes, this is an ex-Sofitel, quite nice and in a pleasant and convenient area. I stayed there 3 times (2 at the time it was a Sofitel and one under the Pullman brand). I didn't notice any big change with the change of brand. The rooms are not huge but they are nice and comfy.
Very good breakfast buffet. Restaurant for dinner a little bit pricey. Drink voucher is given (although I remember having sometimes to ask for it). Very professional staff (as usual in Germany).
Only negative point : I never received any upgrade.
Would I return there : certainly, without hesitation.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:45 pm
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Thank you Goldorak! Yes, I was looking at the Pullman Schweizerhof. That is disappointing that they did not upgrade you.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by dwbf11
That is disappointing that they did not upgrade you.
Yes, for sure. The hotel was very busy eveytime I stayed there, so maybe it was full. I don't know. But again, I would return there without hesitation.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 1:56 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
I got upgraded when it was still a Sofitel. Having said that this is a very busy and popular hotel.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 7:56 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Any recent experiences here?

Any rooms under Junior Suite are just so tiny (18m2??) at the Sofitel I don't think I'll be staying there. How's the Pullman?
Old Mar 31, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Gold
Pay 70 eur and even demand to be upgraded to a suite?
Surprised they did not kick you out on the street.
Who needs guests like that...

Last edited by lowestpaidsap; Mar 31, 2013 at 1:25 pm
Old Jul 20, 2013, 4:22 am

Programs: *A Gold, OW Emerald; IHG S, SPG P, HH D, HGP D, Accor P, Carlson G
Stay in July 2013

Booked Superior and received the same.

Room was small (20ish) but adequate for one person. On high floor with good view over the greens of Tiergarten.

2 free bottles of water + a small bag of nuts + one drink voucher.

Pool is huge!

Location is great. With bus 200 you can go to all major attractions, and it's only 10min walk to Zoo.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by FrugalLuxury
Booked Superior and received the same.

Room was small (20ish) but adequate for one person. On high floor with good view over the greens of Tiergarten.

2 free bottles of water + a small bag of nuts + one drink voucher.

Pool is huge!

Location is great. With bus 200 you can go to all major attractions, and it's only 10min walk to Zoo.
Am here right now. Got upgraded from Superiour to Deluxe, which is on the small side aswell. The bathroom feels cramped and I just hate showering in a bathtub.

There was one bottle sparkling and one of plain water, 2 bags of nuts. At check-in I received 2 drink vouchers!

The pool is huge, but felt like a kid's zone. The water is also very cold. The spa area looks nice but isn't run very well - you have lockers but you get no key so they're pretty useless

Late 4pm checkout was not a problem and for once keys were coded past noon ^

All in all I would rate this is a 4* property, by no means 5*.

Last edited by remymartin; Jul 22, 2013 at 4:48 am Reason: I see the nuts now
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:24 am

Oh and another thing - this has to be the first hotel in years that doesn't have any form of (hair) conditioner as an amenity.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by remymartin
Oh and another thing - this has to be the first hotel in years that doesn't have any form of (hair) conditioner as an amenity.
I was always wondering who was using that. Now I know
Old Jul 23, 2013, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I was always wondering who was using that. Now I know
In my defense - my travel companions...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.