Search

Which IBIS property in Barcelona

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2011, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Which IBIS property in Barcelona

Hi Folks,

We r planning a trip to Barcelona and I want to use my A-club vouchers there..Was checking out IBIS's there and surprisingly find many many hotels of this brand there..^

We need one which is not too expensive and nearby some metro / train stop so that its easy to move around..
Am looking at a price of about Eur 60 per night for a double room ( which am getting presently at some of these hotels) excluding bfast..

Any experience with any of the IBIS hotels in Barcelona is appreciated..

Cheers
Abhi
Old Feb 4, 2011, 3:47 am
Original Poster

hmmm.. surprisingly no answer till now...
Maybe this is better suited for the Europe travel or budget travel forum
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:13 am

Programs: Miles and More
Only Ibis Pza Glories 22 and Merdiana are reasonably located. I would choose Pza Glories 22 - it is much more central and the neighborhood is more lively, but it is usually more expensive than others. Have you checked rates at HIX Barcelona? Their FF rates also start at 60 eur and you have breakfast included
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alexanderrr
Only Ibis Pza Glories 22 and Merdiana are reasonably located. I would choose Pza Glories 22 - it is much more central and the neighborhood is more lively, but it is usually more expensive than others. Have you checked rates at HIX Barcelona? Their FF rates also start at 60 eur and you have breakfast included
I have some a-club vouchers which i wanna use.. knowing that it is pretty tough to get decent rates with these, I want to use these up and hence not looking into HIX though i know they hv quite decent offers..

I see both the above ibis hotels at 79eur per nite making it Eur 92 incl bfast for two if paid by vouchers.. hmm..
Old Feb 4, 2011, 6:21 am

Programs: Miles and More
I thought it might be the reason Since you are looking into using your vouchers at IBIS, I assume you do not have an "unlimited" supply of them. If the rate is the same, go for Glories 22, no doubt. But also consider that at some IBIS hotels you can get a discount up to 30% for staying several days on flexible rates that can be paid with vouchers - imho much better value than 92 eur for IBIS in Barcelona.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alexanderrr
I thought it might be the reason Since you are looking into using your vouchers at IBIS, I assume you do not have an "unlimited" supply of them. If the rate is the same, go for Glories 22, no doubt. But also consider that at some IBIS hotels you can get a discount up to 30% for staying several days on flexible rates that can be paid with vouchers - imho much better value than 92 eur for IBIS in Barcelona.
I only stay in IBIS when travelling for pleasure and usually never more than 2-3 nights in 1 place.. so getting that kinda rate maybe difficult for vouchers..
though last year, i got pretty decent deal in ibis in budapest with vouchers..
Will see what to do after some more search.
thanks for ur help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.