Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

Easiest way from BRU to Sofitel Brussels for a first timer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2011, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium

Headed to BRU shortly and wanted to get some advice on the best way to get from the airport to the Sofitel Brussels hotel. Is there some sort of shuttle service available or is public transportation the best option? Looking to not have to walk too far with luggage.

Any recommendations on tourist things close to the hotel would be nice too. Only have one full day there before connecting on to another flight.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 1:59 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Which Sofitel in Brussels are you booked into? There are two: Sofitel Europe and Sofitel Louise.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Sorry, should have been more clear. I'm booked at the Sofitel Brussels Europe on Place Jourdan.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:51 pm
Accor 25+ Badge

There is no hotel shuttle but you can use the STIB Airport Express Line 12 from airport which takes you very close to the hotel: get off at stop Schuman (European Institutions) and walk 5 minutes down rue Froissart and the hotel is on the right hand side. Fare is € 3 (advance purchase) or € 5 (on the bus).

Alternatively a taxi is about € 30 +

Great hotel by the way ^ To get to the centre you can take the metro from Schuman as well (about 2/3 stops).
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Great hotel by the way ^
I confirm : great hotel
What about Sofitel Louise (how is it)? I'm going to stay there in march.
Thanks
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:05 pm
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
What about Sofitel Louise (how is it)? I'm going to stay there in march.
Thanks
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor...le-louise.html
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thank you Starflyergold
I hope my stay will be as your 2nd one ! I'll post a review
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Could I ask, which Sofitel is closest to La Monnaie/Die Munt? Is either in walking distance?

Thank you for your help?
Old Jan 30, 2011, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Could I ask, which Sofitel is closest to La Monnaie/Die Munt? Is either in walking distance?
The Sofitel Louise is closer in distance, but it would still be a 30 minutes walk.

Using public transport the Sofitel Europe would actually have the easiest access to De Munt. It's a few stops on the same line from the Schuman metro station (mentioned by starflyergold in his posts above).
Old Apr 22, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: IC Amb, Marriott Silver, KF Silver, MPC Silver
How is the Sofitel Brussels Europe then? I can't seem to find a review for the Europe hotel.

I'm also curious, where is there to do in Brussels if one has three days to kill there?
Old Apr 23, 2011, 1:09 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by coffeeblack
How is the Sofitel Brussels Europe then? I can't seem to find a review for the Europe hotel.

I'm also curious, where is there to do in Brussels if one has three days to kill there?
Personally I really like the Sofitel Brussels. Nice modern lobby, rooms are a good size, all come with their own coffee maker and free soft-drinks in the minibar. Excellent (if pricey) breakfast. The staff have been friendly and helpful throughout every stay.

Got upgraded regularly and the welcome gift is a delicious box of chocolates (hey this is Belgium). The square in front of the hotel, Place Jourdan, has Brussels' premier chip (or Frites) shop.

The hotel is not in the centre but a very short hop on the metro gets you swiftly into town, a taxi is € 9. The airport bus stops just up the road from the hotel.

The hotel has at times excellent rates but these depend on what is happening at the European Union institutions, as these are all around the corner and this is a favourite hotel with diplomats.

Brussels as a destination sometimes get a bad rap but actually it is a fun and interesting place to visit.

Last edited by starflyergold; Apr 23, 2011 at 10:53 am
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Personally I really like the Sofitel Brussels. Nice modern lobby, rooms are a good size, all come with their own coffee maker and free soft-drinks in the minibar. Excellent (if pricey) breakfast. The staff have been friendly and helpful throughout every stay.

Got upgraded regularly and the welcome gift is a delicious box of chocolates (hey this is Belgium). The square in front of the hotel, Place Jourdan, has Brussels' premier chip (or Frites) shop.

The hotel is not in the centre but a very short hop on the metro gets you swiftly into town, a taxi is € 9. The airport bus stops just up the road from the hotel.

The hotel has at times excellent rates but these depend on what is happening at the European Union institutions, as these are all around the corner and this is a favourite hotel with diplomats.

Brussels as a destination sometimes get a bad wrap but actually it is a fun and interesting place to visit.
+1 ^ excellent hotel
Old Apr 23, 2011, 1:19 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by coffeeblack

There's 247 reviews here. Rated 1 of 208 hotels in Brussels so they must be doing something right.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 8:37 am

Programs: IC Amb, Marriott Silver, KF Silver, MPC Silver
Haha I have seen the TA reviews. But y'know I want the insiders PoV. Thanks Guys!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.