Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:49 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Sofitel Vienna - opening 15 November 2010

As on the Sofitel website:

Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom boasts 182 elegant rooms and suites with stunning views of Vienna. Why not explore St. Stephen's Cathedral, the shady Vienna Woods or ride the giant Ferris wheel. Marvel at the breathtaking view from the top floor of the glass-fronted Le LOFT restaurant, bar and lounge and enjoy a refreshing drink as the sun goes down. Experience the beauty of Vienna at night while feasting on unique Austrian and French dishes created by Antoine Westermann.
Sofitel Vienna

Just my luck, the opening is 10 days after my scheduled trip to Vienna
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:56 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Adagio Saint-Etienne, France

Accor PR:
Adagio: a major opening in the heart of Saint-Etienne

Boasting more than thirty Aparthotels in Europe, Adagio continues its expansion with the opening of a new establishment in the heart of the historic centre of Saint-Etienne, France.

This Aparthotel has the particular feature of its location, replacing the former Nouvelles Galeries shopping centre, covering a total surface area of 4,200 square metres. 86 apartments, ranging from studios for 2 people to 2 rooms for 4 people, are available. The building was completely refurbished to offer a portfolio of entirely new, air-conditioned apartments with Internet access for all guests.

A different clientele

The new opening rounds out a the city’s relatively limited hotel offerings. By combining hotel services with apartments, Adagio occupies a complementary position in relation to traditional hotels and is often targeted to a different clientele: accustomed to staying three, four, five or even ten nights, customers take advantage of a sliding scale of rates from the fourth night.

An ideal location

Situated in the heart of Saint-Etienne, a city famous for industry and design, the new Aparthotel is just minutes away on foot from the hypercentre and only fifteen minutes from the SNCF railway station. In a lively district with nearby shopping, it has immediate access to numerous tramway, and plentiful opportunities to take advantage of the many museums and other attractions in the city, which is located less than an hour from Lyon by car.

Adagio Saint-Etienne, France
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:14 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

4 new hotels in Victoria, Australia

On MICEBTN:
Wednesday, 29 September 2010
Victoria’s largest hotel operator Accor has confirmed four new additions to its network.

In the final quarter of 2010, Accor will add three hotels – Mercure Horsham, All Seasons Warrnambool and All Seasons Swan Hill – while a fourth hotel, a Mercure in Rutherglen, is in advanced stages of planning.

Mercure Horsham opened yesterday and is the first internationally branded hotel to open in the Wimmera. The 52 room hotel will service the growing corporate and leisure markets, with the hotel offering the town’s largest meetings and function facilities for up to 250 guests.

The new hotels join an existing network of 31 Accor hotels across Victoria and highlight the growing strength of Accor in the State’s major regional centres.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 2:00 am

Novotel Bandar Lampung, Sumartra, Indonesia

I'm probably a bit late with this, but the Novotel Bandar Lampung is now open. It is the only international hotel in the city besides the Sheraton.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Ibis Bogota Museo

BOG now has a new Ibis hotel downtown. Ibis Bogotá Museo. Hotel was already open when I was in town in early September. Don't think I'd stay there with the Sofitel up north being a very nice A-Club option but at least this new Ibis fills a niche (not many hotels in the CBD) at a lower price point.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:00 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Mercure hotel opens in Bratislava

Accor PR:

11/10/2010
The first Mercure hotel opens in Bratislava

The first Mercure hotel in Slovakia features modern color schemes, sophisticated interiors, a white and yellow facade, cozy rooms and pop-art designs. This four star establishment is located in the center of the capital Bratislava and offers 175 ultra modern rooms including 11 suites.

The hotel’s designers have used a subtle play on transparency (bathrooms, lounge area and open space restaurants) to create the hotel’s unique style. Soft lighting and bright colors lend each of hotel’s spaces their own atmosphere of relaxation and well-being.

The hotel has been designed to cater for all the needs of the 21st century traveler: Privilege rooms include the international press and Brazilian coffee, private lounges are accessible 24-hours a day for relaxing moments and small business meetings and the hotel also has conference rooms that can accommodate up to 120 people.

A visual and tasty experience

The hotel also offers guests a culinary adventure by reinventing traditional Slovak food with an international touch. Ladislav Olcsvary, the hotel’s General Manager explains that “the chef will be serving a menu combining traditional local cuisine with the latest culinary tastes from all over the world.”
Guests will be able to prolong the adventure by sampling Slovak regional wines from the Grands Vins Mercure selection.
Mercure Bratislava
Old Oct 27, 2010, 2:59 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by starflyergold
As on the Sofitel website:

Sofitel Vienna

Just my luck, the opening is 10 days after my scheduled trip to Vienna
I was passing by this soon to be opened hotel and I see that they have postponed the opening to Dec 2010.. Earlier the same was advertised as Nov,2010.. So u can count urself lucky not having booked here for ur trip in Nov
Old Nov 7, 2010, 3:41 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

I passed by the Sofitel Vienna over the weekend and they seem to be in the last throws of finishing it for the December opening. From the outside it looks very well and impressive. Looking forward to checking it out in the new year.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 3:34 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

All Seasons Hotel, East London UK

On BigHospitality

Accor Hotels has opened the doors to its the second UK-based All Seasons Hotel, in East London.

Opened yesterday, the 139 room All Seasons London Leyton is being marketed as ideally placed for the 2012 Olympic Games, located under five miles from the Olympic Stadium.

It joins the 89 room All Seasons Southwark, Accor's first All Seasons branded UK hotel, which opened in 2009.

Jean-Jacques Dessors, chief operating officer, of Accor UK and Ireland, said: "It is very exciting to see the All Seasons hotel brand growing in the UK. We are delighted to be opening in an area that is seeing vast improvements in infrastructure ahead of the Olympic Games in 2012."

The All Seasons London Leyton marks the first of five UK openings in time for the Olympics, announced by Accor in November. The new hotels will fall under the company's various hotel brands, including Ibis, Novotel and Mercure, but also the budget All Seasons brand, which is already widespread across continental Europe, Australia and Asia.

Previously known as the Sleeping Beauty Motel, the All Seasons London Leyton is set to appeal to business and leisure travellers, with rooms from £45 a night, including breakfast.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:54 am

Programs: No status whatosever :-(
Novotel Bangkok Fenix Ploenchit

I see on Accor's website that a new Novotel Bangkok Fenix Ploenchit will open on 15 Dec 2010 (not to be confused with the Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom). But I cannot find any discussion about this new hotel in FT.

I may be travelling to BKK in late December and this hotel has a good location and good rates. So I was wondering if anyone has any info on the opening progress and the quality of the hotel?

Thanks,
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:46 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Three new Sofitels

Accor PR:

Sofitel winds up the year 2010 with three new exceptional hotels

This week, three new Sofitel locations will be opening their doors in succession around the world, a spectacular way to wrap up 2010. The year has been a decidedly busy one for the brand, which is passionately and tirelessly pursuing its new position in the world of luxury.

Three days, three new locations: Sofitel Vienna Stephansdom (Austria), Sofitel So Mauritius (Mauritius) and Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra (Cambodia).......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.