Wiki Posts
Search

Last chance for AA/Mobil "Take Wings" miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 1998, 5:40 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Last chance for AA/Mobil "Take Wings" miles

This promotion has been held since early July in several states across the US (though not all). Although this contest was supposed to end Sept. 1, many Mobil stations in the Philadelphia area are stuck with game pieces to this "Take Wings" game. I guess it was too complicated or appeared too expensive to catch on in the general public (i.e., people who don't follow this bulletin board). Anyway, each of the last three times I filled up recently, the clerk gave me three tickets (instead of one), and I suspect she would have given me one without filling up (though I haven't tried to get a ticket without filling up). Each ticket gets you at least 100 miles. You only have to buy $10 worth (not 10 gallons) of Super+ gas. I figured out I've essentially paid 47 cents a gallon for Super+ during the last few trips to Mobil (instead of $1.17/gallon)!!

Since the pieces you collect for miles have to be received by Sept. 15, this is the last weekend to get a few pieces and mail them in. I claimed the maximum of 1500 miles by collection and matched to win another 200. I've also collected >1000 miles for my wife's AAdvantage account. Yes, I'm filling up one more time before this weekend

Good luck and mail your pieces soon! I'm sorry I didn't post this reminder sooner.
Old Sep 11, 1998, 6:15 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I've heard an unconfirmed report that Mobil extended the deadline for them receiving the game pieces until October 31, probably because they haven't gotten rid of all the game pieces yet like you mentioned.
Old Sep 11, 1998, 8:17 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

As I love to collect mileage any way I can, it has driven me crazy that there are no Mobil stations in Washington state!

Best I can do is charge my Shell gasoline to Diners Club or any other gas company to my United Mileage Plus card.
Old Sep 20, 1998, 5:32 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

I followed up on Beckles' comment and discovered that according to the official website (www.mobil.com/takewing), you can still claim miles/prizes as long as your mail reaches them in Connecticut by October 15! This promotion is available at all participating Mobil stations in the states of AZ, CA, CT, FL, IL, IN, LA, ME, MA, MI, MN, MO, NV, NY, PA, RI, TX, VT and WI. People in MD, DE, DC, and a few other states can still play and collect miles on-line at the website above. Furthermore, anyone can play daily on-line to win free gas and other prizes. Check out other helpful comments on playing this game under the American AAdvantage topic. Good luck and thanks for the tip, Beckles!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.