FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - People making rude comments when making small purchases on a CC?
Old Jul 5, 2008, 1:54 pm
TAHKUCT

Wirelessly posted (Treo 700p Sprint: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Originally Posted by meinside99
I put everything on my Blue Cash and Starwood card and use my BP Visa and Sony Visa for gas and places that don't take Amex respectively. I have noticed in the past 3 years or so of people making rude comments behind my back when making small transactions on a CC. They are like, "I can't believe he put 3 bucks on a CC" or "He must be a deadbeat if he has to put that on a CC." BTW, my personal favorite, "If you have the cash in the bank to pay for it, why not pay cash for it in the first place, END OF DISCUSSION." Yes, I actually had some lady (around mid-30s) tell me this once when I told her I pay in full, after she made one of those comments I listed on top, while at Home Depot. I personally find it rude when people make those comments!!! Haven't people heard of paying in full, hence no interest, hence its not costing me anything extra and I'm getting stuff in return ( cash back or reward points). It makes me wonder what percentage of Americans don't realize that if you pay a card in full= no interest? I've actually ran into people in the past in their 20s,30s,40s etc. that believe CC charge interest regardless if you pay in full or not and I mean dozens. Has this happened to anyone before?
Didn't you just post the same thing in American Express Membership rewards forum?
The rulles of Flyertalk strictly forbid double posting. I strongly recommend to check FAQ section before posting next time.

Can somebody contact the moderator to merge both threads? I'm on my Treo and don't have that option at the present time.