FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BYOB? Is it possible to bring my own alcohol for int. flight with Delta?
Old Jun 28, 2008, 2:42 pm
nd_eric_77

Programs: DL PM, .6MM; AA Plat; Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by Down3Green
What I can tell you for certain is that you absolutely cannot serve yourself your own drinks.
The above statement is incorrect (unless somebody is a quadriplegic or has some other disability). The correct statement is: "you absolutely cannot LEGALLY serve yourself your own drinks."

Originally Posted by Down3Green
I know I may sound like a hard-*ss on this, but believe it or not, I'm a pretty friendly Captain. I like to engage and joke around with my passengers and I always hang around during delays to face the music and explain whats going on and I understand the frustrations that passengers feel during delays....that said, the handfull of Pax that I have kicked off the plane have been those who try to sneak their own booze on board or those who are clearly drunk before they ever sit down. Let me be real clear, if the F/As inform me that during boarding, someone in row 25 is pouring their own drinks from a bottle, you are going to find yourself off the plane with very little discussion.
Booting somebody for self-serving pre-flight is the easy part. Would you divert a flight which has already departed in order to de-plane a self-serving pax (assume other things being equal / ie: pax's only offense is self-serving)?

Again, given the dismal state of DL's in-flight Y "service", I find it hard to believe that a relatively sober pax spiking his/her drink mid-flight would even be noticed by the FAs, let alone reprimanded.