FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BYOB? Is it possible to bring my own alcohol for int. flight with Delta?
Old Jun 28, 2008, 2:39 pm
jimrpa

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
I'm not even sure this thread belongs in the Delta forum.

Isn't it more appropriately suited to a substance abuse forum? Or, in the case of the OP apparently, an addiction or dependency forum?

All kidding aside, I'm beginning to think that this might be some kind of reaching out for help. I've had several friends struggle through substance abuse problems (alcohol, prescription drug abuse, illegal drugs, you name it), and some of the early indications and ways that trouble was manifested were pretty odd. Looking for ways to stay drunk (or stoned, or high, as some of the other posters have helpfully offered) on a transatlantic flight would absolutely fit the profile.

I don't mean to sound judgmental, but if it's that critically important to you that you remain intoxicated for a flight that you're willing to take some of the steps recommended here (mixing drugs and alcohol, injecting alcohol into fruits, bringing minis onboard and violating FARs and airline policies), you might want to really take a good look at your motivation and talk about it with some other people.