FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Semiramis Cairo Master Thread [merged]
Old Jun 21, 2008, 2:23 pm
amateur305

Programs: * Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
It's walkable in well under 10 minutes. However .... you really should think about staying at the Four Seasons Nile Plaza which is about 2 minutes further walk away and is an astonishingly good hotel. I can't say enough good things about it, given this is Egypt we're talking about.

For an IC, take Citystars. It is in the suburbs but near the airport. It is also attached to the only Western-style shopping mall in the whole of Egypt, which gives you some relaxing space after a nightmare day of sightseeing.

I was there last year and did 2 nights at the Four Seasons followed by 2 nights at Citystars, mainly because I was on a very early flight back and being near the airport helped. I also used a 2-4-1 for these 2 nights. Citystars is a good hotel but the FS is an exceptional hotel - albeit Citystars has a far, far better pool.

Well...the last two posts are absolutely correct about the FS Nile Plaza being a better hotel....also bare in mind that the IC Semiramis is a few decades old...and the FS Nile Plaza is hmm...less than 10 years...I think opened around 2004 (give or take a few years).
However I'm not very sure if the city stars compnlex is the best place for some 'relaxing space' though, in the summer its pretty busy..more on the crowded side especially during the evenings. I think it also depends on who you're going with, if kids are involved maybe the IC city stars is a better choice....you can use any of the restaurants in city stars or go to the cinema in the evening.

I'd go for staying near the Nile and maybe opting for a felucca in the evening. Most sites are closer to downtown area where both the IC Semiramis and FS Nile Plaza are located.
Have a lovely stay and don't forget to share with us your experience

Last edited by amateur305; Jun 21, 2008 at 2:31 pm