FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any experience flying Malaysian Airlines?
Old Jun 20, 2008, 5:17 pm
silverkris168

Programs: UA Premier, SWA Rapid Rewards, Alaska Air Mileage Plan, AAdvantage, CX Marco Polo
Originally Posted by jpatokal
It's a 35-min flight and you're complaining about the service? If they weren't in a hurry, you'd be served your little cup of OJ after touchdown!
I would also concur that on short flights such as KUL/SIN one shouldn't expect a lot in terms of service. However, sometimes I think they could handle IRROPS a bit better in my experience.

A couple of years ago, I took a flight from PEN to SIN on MH, which is also not a long flight, that at the last minute, had to make an unscheduled stop in KUL at the last minute to probably make up for a cancelled KUL/SIN flight - IRROPS, my guess. I had a connecting flight to MNL on SQ at Changi to catch, later in the day, so I didn't have much of a problem (except I would have less time to goof off and eat in Changi), but there were some really nervous pax who were connecting onto a flight to either SFO (SQ1) and/or LAX that were pretty concerned about making that connection in SIN - which was a tighter time frame. I think they did make their onward flight to the USA, but they were pretty darned nervous the whole way...