FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FA's 'RESIGN' ID attachments
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2008, 5:36 pm
dkhc

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold
Originally Posted by bmxbboy
On my last few flights, I have noticed some AA FA's with a 'resign' sticker underneath their nametags/Airline ID tags. What does it mean?

I frankly get a little annoyed when FA's, pilots need to make a labor/union statement infront of me. Those gripes can be taken up with their bosses and I don't need to be apart of it(but maybe this has nothing to do with that)
CEOs and other execs who are too dimwitted, shortsighted, greedy, whatever to keep the company from hemorrhaging money should not get million dollar bonuses, end of story. Consumers should know this information, if not for anything other than to be aware of the corporate value system of their carrier-of-choice. If the customer feels compelled to poo-poo the FAs for expressing their Constitutionally-given right to express free speech in an airplane, then so be it.

The pins are a way to open dialogue, and I for one cannot understand why the Fox-CNN-MSNBC-mentality of "I-Scream-You-Scream-If-You-Don't-Like-The-Country-Then-Leave" is so pervasive and normative in our culture today. Good for him or her to express their views!

If the execs are so worried about the bottom line of AA, then perhaps they could forfeit their "bonuses," and the union employees make some concessions as well. That's how compromises happen...