FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dress code in F for UA Employees?
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2008, 8:42 am
EsquireFlyer
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Scone Man
I'm a casual guy. I own my own company (a wholesale distributor) and I wear shorts most days--even in January in Colorado. Because that's what I'm used to wearing, I'm uncomfortable in dressier clothes. I can wear them, but I imagine that I feel as uncomfortable wearing slacks, a shirt and a tie, as some business travelers would feel wearing shorts. I apologize in advance if my wearing shorts and sandals offends anyone in F--but as has been said, I paid for the ticket. I'm polite, well groomed and I have good manners--my "uniform" is just different from others.
If it's a long flight, I wear my pajamas in F. And of course, it's allowed on UA.
On other carriers, like BA, SQ, NH, etc.--wearing pajamas in F is not just allowed, it's encouraged...they'll even provide the pajamas for free! LOL.

So, I agree that if someone was booted for jeans, it was probably a non-rev. Though, I wouldn't be totally shocked if a particular GA decided to go on an inappropriate, unauthorized power trip and enforced a dress code against upgraders, just because the GA knows that she can escape disciplinary action.