FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thank You points for Intl Flts
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2008, 4:47 pm
SeattleFlyerGuy

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by svasandani
I have been occasionally using Citi Premier Pass card for domestic flight ticket purchases and the flight points have always posted consistently at the end of the following month's statement end date. Also, I have used the same CC to make snack purchases on board and flight points have also been received for those transactions. However, I made a snack purchase on an intl flight and the flight points did not post.

Now, I am getting ready to buy 3 intl trip tickets worth $4K and I am concerned as to whether I will get flight points. Has anybody used the PP card for intl trips and successfully receive flight points.

Secondly, since I have accumulated approx 70K purchase / bonus point already I was wondering if I upgrade my card to PP elite and then make these purchases will I still be able to match the flight points with accumulated purchase points or the purchase balance will be reset to 0 once I upgrade the card to PP elite.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If you upgrade from PP to PPE, your flight points will be preserved (also the reverse is true, as I did recently). However.. be wary and call up Citibank. They started only transfering flight points at the rate you spend, and then the rest of the flight points carry over. So if you think 3x 10,000 mile tickets for $500 each will yield 31500 ThY... that's not the way it works from what they've told me. Instead, you'll get 3000 ThY ($1500x2), with the rest of the flight points waiting for when you spend another $28500. If you don't spend that $28500, then those points will sit unusable.

Forum, please correct me if I am wrong! I've got 60k flight points that I'm waiting to come over...