FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - anyone ever been through an aborted takeoff/landing?
Old May 13, 2008, 8:36 pm
puppysara

Programs: AA 2MM, *wd gold
I was there for that, too

It is interesting when you're rolling and it powers down. I was hoping they'd fixed it since were were headed out over water. Guess they did as we got to JFK ok. My JFK-LAX 117 had an equipment issue that kept us just off the gate at JFK for several minutes. It was my last MR for EXP and I was beginning to wonder if the MR was cursed. Wish I'd known billgrates3 was onboard.

Originally Posted by billgrates3
AA125 STN-JFK on Sunday 11-May-2008
767-300 with very light passenger load, less than 1/2 full.

This was something I've never experienced before... have you?

About 10-15 secs after we started our takeoff roll, before the engines reached full power, the pilot aborted the takeoff and slowly moved to the next taxiway exit from the runway.
The pilot told us that a light had come on that shouldn't have come on. Then it took about 15 minutes for the crew (with flight manuals) and maintenance base staff (in Tulsa) to decide to reboot one of the redundant nav computers. We ended up arriving only about 30mins late at JFK.

Do AA763's use MS Windows, or what? rebooting computer to clear an error light... scary thought huh?