FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any chance for congratulatory upgrade for newlyweds? ORD-NRT J-F?
Old May 12, 2008, 12:37 pm
Agent 1

Programs: Herts Gold, Avis Select, Hilton VIP, AAdv Gold
Cool

Originally Posted by azmojo
So i'm now about a month away from my honeymoon starting Jun 19, PHX-ORD-NRT on AA in J, a 90k mile AAward flight. We were just married two weeks ago.

We're in J which is nice, but it would be great if I could get us into F somehow, where my bride truly deserves to be.

I'm no longer elite (on AA), so I know my only option really is probably to appeal to the gate agent's sense of kindness. We are a young, fun, and (if I say so myself) cute couple and we would make the F cabin look great if we were sitting up there.

The flight (153) is 1/3 to 1/2 full in J and F at the moment so I'm guessing there will be availability.

The other obstacle is that we will checkin in PHX, and have no need to see a GA in ORD, although we should have time to stop into the AC (1.5 hour layover).

I know it's a long shot, but there has to be a good strategy you all can help me come up with to finagle something here!
Why think of getting more than you pay for? Congrats on the marriage but asking for something you have not paid for is going over the top. If you feel she deserves F/C then go the the distance and buy her F/C upgrading of non elites is a thing of the past..if upgrades do happen goes by who pays the most..and....award tkts are not upgradable if agent does, could be in big trouble these days