FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New OnMyWay Service
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2008, 11:44 am
Clipper801

Originally Posted by margarita girl
In my defense, I buy plenty of Tango Plus tickets from Air Canada at close to $1000 to fly YYZ-ATL, YYZ-CLT, YYZ-ORD. Problem is those tickets typically earn me 1000 status miles round trip. So I would say that I contribute plenty AC's coffers! I just don't get many miles for my dollars spent compared to those who travel overseas.
Isn’t it ridiculous to be able to fly to Japan from YYZ for a little bit more than half of what you pay to fly to ATL, CLT?

Is it fair to you who achieve Status by segments, in comparison to one who fly the cheap fare a few times to Japan? Someone achieving SE by flying MR’s to Japan (or other long haul trips) using deep discount fare cannot be the “most profitable and desirable” customer of AC. I don’t know how many are there. The fact that so many seem to be interested in cheap MR’s is perhaps an indication. Adding insult to the injury, someone flying on the more expensive C, Z, Y, M and U fares receive exactly the same no. of Status Miles as the one on the cheapo ticket. Should the latter not receive more Status Miles?

We are going way off the topic of this thread. My apologies.