FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any chance for congratulatory upgrade for newlyweds? ORD-NRT J-F?
Old May 11, 2008, 3:31 pm
skye1

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by azmojo
I know it's a long shot, but there has to be a good strategy you all can help me come up with to finagle something here!
Originally Posted by Fraser
If she truly deserves to be there then pay for it.

I find it funny that people see a honeymoon as an important enough occasion to believe the airline should upgrade them for free, yet at the same time not important enough for them to pay for that upgrade themselves.

If you want a reliable strategy then pay for it. Travelling in F was important for me on my honeymoon so I paid for it. I suggest you do the same to avoid disappointment.
Bravo, Fraser! Excellent points ^^^

Of course congratulations on tying the knot and beginning your life together--but is "finagle'ing" how you really want to start??

I couldn't agree more heartily with Fraser's take on this. Asking someone else to help you figure out how to game an airline to give you a handout, vs. you putting in the effort & work to get that for her yourself---seems like a no-brainer as to which is the more honorable "gift" for her. If putting her in F is that important, then that's yours not the airline's.

Thinking that you would make the F cabin look great by your presence???