FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Great Service to make Transfer in FRA after arriving in F
Old May 6, 2008, 6:29 am
21H21J

Programs: Some, not all.
The Gate had this post linked, and I knew it must involve FRA.

Recently I had a SFO-FRA-MAN connection. The UA flight was 90 minutes late leaving SFO, and our layover was just 90 minutes! We made up some time as is usual flying eastbound, and landed with just 45 minutes before our Lufthansa MAN flight.

We were flying in Y, so no special service for us, but we were in the first row of Y so only had a little delay getting off. A very brisk walk between terminals, 2 security checks and we made it to our gate with time to spare. (Just not enough time for Mrs 21H to use the restroom, which was outside security).

We boarded the bus to our plane, and went within 100 meters of the plane we had flown in on!

Although I was glad to have made our flight, as the next would have been five hours later, I was pretty sure that our bags would not have made such a tight connection.

However, after a brief queue at immigration, we got to the baggage claim to see one of our bags on the belt, swifty followed by the other two

^^ to the baggage handlers in FRA and Lufthansa. I cannot imagine that LHR or any US airport would have achieved this.