FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OSL: «Sorry, fast track is only available for EBGs on SK metal!»
Old Apr 28, 2008, 8:42 pm
miikka

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by A-340 GOT
This is so crazy customer treatment, I cant see any other *A carrier treating pax like this ?!. Has annyone actually complained to SK ? The strange logic is that since SK dont compete (more or less) on any of the routes, AFAIK SK offers no departures into VIE anymore, all on OS metal , so it is really hard flying SK if that is what they want. And booking code share not always the easiest either on SK crappy booking engine....annoying
I think one of the reasons might be that there is actually quite many EBGs out there. So they want to limit the benefit usage to their own customers (with their own flight numbers).

One thing, which confuses is that internally SAS thinks that code-sharing works very well and you can actually book the code-share flights from their website/sales center. In reality, it doesn't work and sometimes it is impossible to book their own flights through SAS. They were really surprised in customer service department in Finland when I pointed out that for example they are lacking all their destinations in China in web booking engine except Beijing and it is impossible to book SK flight numbers for domestic China because the web site cannot do that and neither could their own sales people. So, I think their logic might be that they think that all the passengers book SK flight numbers to VIE but in reality it might not be always possible.

In my opinion SAS should just open their wallet and start being *A friendly and open the benefit for all *A passengers. That is what all the big *A airlines are doing, I have never heard that LH would be denying the Fast Track from other than LH customers.