FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nuremberg: Le Meridien or Arabella Sheraton [Master Thread]
Old Apr 17, 2008, 10:13 am
HobokenFlyer

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
I have stayed at the Le Meridien in Nuremburg 3 times in the last 4 years. I like the hotel and the staff. 2 of the 3 times I was Plat and I got upgraded to a "suite"...usually a bigger room with at least a coffee table, sofa/loveseat and a larger bathroom plus free bottled water daily. The buffet breakfast there is excellent, however, expensive unless you get it included in the rate. Just beware, if you ask for a SINGLE room and you have no status, the rooms are really small, if you want space, pay the exta 10-20 euros for a double where you will get a bigger room.

The reason why we stay there is convenience. It's is right in front of the U-Bahn station, Hauptbahnhof (HBF) and a major Tram stop and a short walk to the Altstadt. The sheraton is a bit of a walk to the rail transport mentioned above and not as close and since I always go to Nuremburg for fairs at the Messe, easy access to the U-Bahn is more favorable than the newer Sheraton. The Grand Hotel is more older European Charm but it is still very nice.

- HF