FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to stay on the Big Island?
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2008, 9:20 pm
dtphonehome

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rockdoc
Ocean front rooms at the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel have very nice ocean views and are a two minute walk to the beach. It is our favorite place to stay on the Big Island.
Originally Posted by notsosmart
Oh right, I forgot about this pace. It's great! The only downside is that it's about an hour from Kona town, so you're captive of the hotel, but you'll have one of the world's greatest beaches at your front door. ^ ^
I actually made my reservation at Hapuna Prince before your posts...but they sent me an email and left a voicemail that they are doing some minor "cosmetic" repairs while I'll be there. Now I'm concerned about going there. They did offer a $35 per day credit, plus I'm already getting a $50 per day credit for a promotion. So it actually comes out pretty cheap, but if it's going to be a disaster I'm hesitant to go at any price. Should I consider the Hilton (about $50 a day more after the credits are factored in, but I heard it's too "Disneyland" busy)?

I'll have a rental car to get around, so I'm not worried about being a captive.