FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quality Tailor in Beijing
View Single Post
Old Apr 4, 2008, 8:35 pm
kmfdm91

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Alright, this has been a REALLY long time coming, but I figure I can make a post finally worth writing about:

I made it to Lisa's tailor shop in Beijing last August, and only have good things to say about her, the people in the store with her and the products I was given for the past 7 months!

I visited Lisa the last time I was in Beijing and found out just how cheap the suits would be for me - on two day notice - US$125! I got two made for me, single-breasted, 3-button, double vent, etc. Both turned out great and have held up many times wearing them over the past few months. In addition to the suits, I got 7 shirts made, for US$12 each!!! All of them were modeled after a Hugo Boss pattern (of a shirt I brought in for them). Aside from a minor difference in the shirts, they all look good and have held up tremendously well for such a cheap price!

So, overall - I'd without the slightest hesitation, recommend Lisa. Later on this trip, I went to Singapore and got a suit & 2 shirts made at Ron Tailor (near the Le Meridien hotel) and wouldn't recommend them at all.

In addition, I've got a suit made in Seoul and two shirts, both of which I would recommend.

If anyone has any more questions about these places, definitely let me know - but Lisa in Beijing is a great tailor to work with - spoke English, and treated me really well!

-jeremy