FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help! Very short connection time at ICN (merged with same post in Asiana forum)
Old Apr 3, 2008, 3:01 am
N227UA

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by TravelgirlAtl
I appreciate the advice, N227, and apologize for apparently breaking a rule of etiquette on here. I was unsure of where this post would really belong, and did not realize I would be causing such grave offense by posting on two different forums. But really, was "yelling" at me in caps truly necessary?

Sorry, but I wasn't really yelling. Just emphasizing.

Originally Posted by stargold
Isn't your ticket a through-fare? Airlines will usually check-through luggage if the connection time is within limit, even when on separate tickets anyway.

Not sure of the minimum connection time at ICN normally, but as above you're almost definitely not going to make the connection unless your transfer is entirely airside.

Through-fare has nothing to do with baggage interline agreement. For instance, try getting a CX ticket with through-fare between OZ and CX, and see if OZ will do baggage interline to CX.

MCT at ICN for international connections is 60 minutes IIRC.

Originally Posted by stargold
I'm sure they have interline agreements with OZ as well, but if the connection time is too tight on a separate ticket then they could refuse to through-check at the origin.That's the issue.

I'm not positive if OZ has baggage interline agreement with KE given that they are competing fiercely. Anyhow, as long as they have the agreement and MCT is obeyed, KE would accept bag. The OP stated that she bought her ticket on Expedia, and Expedia wouldn't issue a ticket that doesn't meet MCT requirement.